I'm scared

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Yay! Well done! You'll be a new man soon. Just wait until you go for your hba1c! I have posted up some of my low carb high fat recipes under the unimaginative title Scandis recipes. We're having chicken cooked in cream, lemon and cognac today with green veggies. Very easy, very yummy! If the kids are good, I might stretch to home made strawberry ice-cream! Take care! Glad the toes are sorted!

Reactions: 2 people

bigshow1271

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My biggest trouble is the foods I like to eat, I don't like tomatoes, celery, onion, cucumber, mushrooms, peppers. I don't mind celery if it's cooked like in a soup or stew, same with onions but they have to be soft. I have tried to eat these foods but can never get used to them. Where can I find your recipes?

Reactions: 3 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My biggest trouble is the foods I like to eat, I don't like tomatoes, celery, onion, cucumber, mushrooms, peppers. I don't mind celery if it's cooked like in a soup or stew, same with onions but they have to be soft. I have tried to eat these foods but can never get used to them. Where can I find your recipes?
Type in Scandis recipes. How about this one minus the mushrooms - you could add leaks instead:

Scandis chicken casserole:
Ingredients:
1 large shallow pan with lid
One bottle of white - minus 2 glasses of white
3 rashers of bacon chopped into bits
Garlic butter
1 onion diced
Mushrooms sliced
Chicken breasts cut in half - think I used 5
Garlic butter
Double cream - probably 300ml
Dill
Salt
pepper
Plain flour
Fry bacon in garlic butter. After a bit add onions and mushrooms. Then add the chicken breasts. Brown for a bit. Add everything else. If sauce is thinner than you like, sprinkle over some plain flour ( I used 2dsp) and stir in. Leave to simmer for approx 35 mins. Your pan needs a lid!
Serve with broccoli or whatever you've got in! Enjoy!

Ice - cream:
300g fruit (frozen strawberries are great)
300ml double cream
3tsp sweetener
Blitz fruit in food processor till in small bits. Add cream and sweetener and blitz till ice-cream. Doesn't freeze so you have to eat immediately!

bigshow1271

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks, I'll just use butter as I don't like garlic, lol, told you I was awkward. Been checking blood today, 8.9 before breakfast 11.7 two hrs after, 5.5 before tea 8.9 two hrs after :)

bigshow1271

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
minted lamb chops with cauliflower cheese and spring greens and homemade frozen yoghurt for afters

A

Avocado Sevenfold

That sounds ideal :)

Edit: the cauliflower cheese - was it cheese sauce made with flour and milk or was it a low carb version?

A

Avocado Sevenfold

LOL. Low carb cheese sauce takes only a few minutes to make. I can fish out a recipe if you fancy giving it a go next time.

tony48738

I had numb and tingling fingers for about two years, miss diagnosed by local doctors. Went private in the end with Bupa, diagnosed with carpal tunnel on first visit. I've had both hands done, now perfect. So just because your doc has said it's not carpal tunnel, ask another doctor at your surgery for a second opinion :)

Petken

I have been type 2 for 14 years on on insulin since last October. In December I lost the feeling in my left foot and had tingling all the way up my calf. I was terrified this was something sinister like neuropathy but a blood test revealed I was vitamin B12 deficient. I had 6 B12 injections over the course of 2 weeks at the beginning of February and am now slowly getting the feeling back. Panic over!
We always think the worst when maybe there are other reasons for some of the conditions we encounter. If only I could be more relaxed about things but diabetes is a scary condition

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

runner2009

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I ate rice recently. Just to see and as I've had the healthy plate model shoved in my face. Bs nearly doubled. Same with bread.

Scandichic, I laughed out loud reading this portion - anytime I feel like I am cured I eat the healthy plate model and test and go back to what really works - wonder what the non healthy plate would test at?

Andy - I was diagnosed almost a year ago. I could not drive, my feet and toes were numb and burning along with night pains in back and hip.

I can honestly say that with lots of exercise, eliminating dense carbohydrates and processed foods - bread and pasta are processed foods - that my feet are like 95% normal and my eyes have cleared up and most amazing my reading glasses went for 2.50 to 1.25!!!!

I'm still on insulin but BG is controlled I'm not saying that you can clear up the damage - Dr Bernstein believes you can - but it won't hurt you and you will feel a hell of a lot better. You are a young guy you can do what needs to be done.

This forum is so way helpful too.

Sent from Runner2009 Burt

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Scandichic, I laughed out loud reading this portion - anytime I feel like I am cured I eat the healthy plate model and test and go back to what really works - wonder what the non healthy plate would test at?

Andy - I was diagnosed almost a year ago. I could not drive, my feet and toes were numb and burning along with night pains in back and hip.

I can honestly say that with lots of exercise, eliminating dense carbohydrates and processed foods - bread and pasta are processed foods - that my feet are like 95% normal and my eyes have cleared up and most amazing my reading glasses went for 2.50 to 1.25!!!!

I'm still on insulin but BG is controlled I'm not saying that you can clear up the damage - Dr Bernstein believes you can - but it won't hurt you and you will feel a hell of a lot better. You are a young guy you can do what needs to be done.

I know. You should have seen what happened when I ate the naan bread! Actually, I think I'm least tolerant of bread. Huge dizzy spells on day of diagnosis which I put down to bp. Looking back, it was probably the sandwich, crisps and choccie biscuit. The rice was actually scary! Just more ammo when I attend their stupid "education" course. I hate this term - it sounds so sinister! I always want to substitute it with the word brain washing! Thank god I've now found a decent doc in our practice who just thinks "you should carry on what you're doing as you've clearly got good bs control. " don't care for potatoes and am not missing pasta. Did you find your shape has changed? Still 14 stone 3 but now size 16-18. I have actually got dresses which have size 16 labels! Never thought that would happen again!

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
the dietitian told me you can change your taste in 60 days, she thinks she can even get me on dog ***** in 60 days, eat a little every day or 3-4 times a week [not the dog schite but the good foods you need to put in your diet]

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Pastas no good either. 4 mouthfuls and went from 5.3 to 7.3 within 30 minutes. Still at 7.3 I hour later. 4 mouthfuls?! Left overs from daughter. Just curious. Wow. Imagine what it would have been if I'd eaten half a portion! So to get this straight. I'd have been even more obese than when I first started and never in work if I followed the NHS healthy plate! Bit of a no brainier really! Please stop laughing!

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Remove the onions and add tripe and that's my list of dislikes.

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Pastas no good either. 4 mouthfuls and went from 5.3 to 7.3 within 30 minutes. Still at 7.3 I hour later. 4 mouthfuls?! Left overs from daughter. Just curious. Wow. Imagine what it would have been if I'd eaten half a portion! So to get this straight. I'd have been even more obese than when I first started and never in work if I followed the NHS healthy plate! Bit of a no brainier really! Please stop laughing!
Has anyone tried spelt pasta? I saw some in Holland and barrett today.