Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Sausage and egg for brekkie. Forgot to eat. Went into town. Ate I mini frittata from M&S but Ive been very naughty. I ate 1/2 a raspberry bakewell in costa coffee and felt very dizzy 20 mins later. Serves me right. Then just split the other half with my eldest. We then went on to play bowling so I ordered the platter as all the other things came with chips. The platter also came with chips. It was for 4 people who were size zero. Everything had breadcrumbs but I avoided the chips and bread, eating 4 jalapeño peppers with cream cheese, I mozzarella thing, 1 veggie thing (indescribable with mysterious origins) 2 onion rings and that was it. Bs 6.5 but feel hungry. Back to sensible eating tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 people

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Breakfast was two slices of Burgen bread, with marmite and butter. Very nice.
Fasting blood glucose 5.7. Two hours later, 10.1
So that is off the menu. :mad:
And means that I won't indulge in some choc this evening.

Tonight will be roast chicken. It is in the oven now. I'm on my own this evening, so I shall have 2 chicken legs and all the skin. That should keep my glucose nice and low for the evening.

I will also make some Greek yoghurt up this evening, ready for tomorrow's breakfast, and eat it alongside a green smoothie.
@brunnria

Burgen and Vogel bread both make me spike into the teens. For me it is a case trying different things, but I love bread, spuds et al but am having to drop them one by one.

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hej på dej! Är det vispgrädde?
Helst vispgrädde, men i UK har ni så många olika typer av grädde så jag ville inte specifisera. Cream will do. The fatter the better probably though.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I had a feast last night. My friend came to dinner. She is a non-diabetic, dairy-dodging omnivore - so the exact opposite of me lol

We had similar to last night's dinner but with extras.

Coconut lime cauliflower rice
Veg curry
Spicy chickpea curry
Minty yogurt

Raspberry ruffles for pudding. They are Ewelina's bounty truffles, but pink and raspberry flavoured. They have a bit of dairy in them, but not enough to kill my guest.

The chickpea curry is obviously quite high carb, but the carbs are slow ones and have not bothered my bg. The recipe is from a cook book produced by my local curry house. The book means I can can now adapt their amazing curries so I can eat them :)

bfd292c5_ss.jpeg

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I got some purple sprouting broccoli from the yellow sticker section today. Boiled it for 3-4 minutes as instructed and all the colour came out. I feel conned! o_O

So anyway...

Breakfast: Cheesy omelette
Lunch: Greek yogurt, veg cherry jelly, strawberries. Creamy decaf.
Dinner: "Purple" sprouting broccoli with sun-dried tomatoes in low carb cheese sauce with a few cashews on top.
Later: Bit of 85% chocolate.

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An interesting day.

Green smoothie (spinach, courgette, pineapple and frozen cherries) for breakfast
Fasting BG 7.9!!! Prob due to cold/virus.
2 hrs after smoothie, down to 6.1. Great result!

No lunch, due to no hunger

Light supper:
2 eggs fried in glorious butter with two slices Livlife bread toast.
BG before, 5.6
2 hrs after, 6.2

But I think I will be snaffling some cheese later, because my appetite is returning...

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Helst vispgrädde, men i UK har ni så många olika typer av grädde så jag ville inte specifisera. Cream will do. The fatter the better probably though.
Just go for double cream, highest in fat 48-50%, yummy, especially the unpasteurised from Jersey cows

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Boring me;
Brekkie - fat coffee
Dinner - home made burgers from beef mince (grass fed beef), sprouting broccoli steam and "drenched" in butter, some home pickle cucumbers (lchf recipe) rhubarb fried in butter with cinnamon and vanilla flavoured jersey double cream

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My daughter has just walked into the kitchen and complained about the smell of the casserole which I am cooking.
Just go for double cream, highest in fat 48-50%, yummy, especially the unpasteurised from Jersey cows
i only use double cream. Does that make me a bad person?!!!!
image.jpg

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Boring me;
Brekkie - fat coffee
Dinner - home made burgers from beef mince (grass fed beef), sprouting broccoli steam and "drenched" in butter, some home pickle cucumbers (lchf recipe) rhubarb fried in butter with cinnamon and vanilla flavoured jersey double cream
The thought of the rhubarb is making me drool!
image.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Smoked mackerel and poached egg
A pepparami
Handful of nuts
Salmon sprinkled with salt, pepper and dill
Totally awesome salad
Piece of nut choccie
Half a glass of white

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wh

Where do you live??? I go out in the garden and pick it! It´s in season!

I live in a terraced town house with a tiny garden full of other things. I used to have rhubarb in a previous garden. Happy days. But I have packs of frozen rhubarb already and waiting - I buy in season and freeze. That way it is always 'just picked'. :happy:

Today's food:
Brekkie: green smoothie - pineapple, cherry, spinach, courgette, macadamia nuts
Elevenses: 2 squares Lindt dark choc
Lunch: Thai chicken and veg soup
Snack: morsel of salmon and cream cheese
Evening: moussaka and stuffed courgette followed by rhubarb with cinnamon and double cream (thanks Totto!)

Last edited by a moderator:

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dinner: Lamb leg steak with herbs - pan fried in butter until pink, with al dente cauliflower and wilted spinach
Lamb-cr.jpg

Strawberries and clotted cream
Strawberries+cream-cr.jpg

Glass of Rioja
Tunante-cr.jpg

red-cr.jpg

Reactions: 7 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
2 sausages 1 poached egg
1 pepparami
Handful of nuts
Cod and chorizo stew
Couple of squares of dark choccie.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I had my first hba1c review today. To celebrate getting this far without losing the plot, I had a special dinner tonight.

Cheese on toast with jalapeños and sundried tomatoes (Livlife)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Breakfast - bacon and mushroom, and some Greek yoghurt with a few blueberries/blackberries, sprinkling of desiccated coconut and cinnamon.
Lunch - a few carrot sticks and houmous.
Dinner - beef mince with garlic, red pepper, mushrooms in Lloyd Grossman putanesca sauce, cauli/cheese mash; some more berries with double cream. Piece of 85% chocolate.

Status
Not open for further replies.