worried sick , please help

Fetchmeacoffee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
busybodies
Please help. In 2002 i was diagnosed with type one, I take a lot of insulin so had some tests done a few weeks ago. My c peptide was 305 which theoreticaly means i shouldnt be diabetic and im showing some aintibodies so i am deffo not type 2. I have an appt with the hospital to see a consultant next week but really dont know what to expect. i cant live without insulin because just missing one shot of rapid will send my sugar off the meter, i am so worried about this and dont know what to expect

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. What is your weight? I'm guessing, so apologies if I'm wrong, but I suspect you may be overweight and have insulin resistance as well as some islet cell failure? If insulin resistant you may be producing too much insulin even with anti-bodies present and the injected insulin won't then have much effect. So, if I'm right, then do reduce the carbs and portion sizes which in theory anyway will bring things into better control. Good luck with the appointment

Fetchmeacoffee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
busybodies
I just dont understand, my bmi was only 22 when diagnosed but have taken about the same amount of insulin since diagnosis but have piles the pounds on. The c peptide suggests im not producing a lot of insulin

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What kind of units is that C Peptide result of 305?

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/c-peptide-test.html

Your weight has piled on because of maintaining the same insulin dose since the time of diagnosis. Insulin puts weight on you, particularly if you are having too much. Don't miss shots, but reduce your total insulin slowly and you will be able to slowly return to your normal weigh and BMI. A low carb diet might help.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App