Cos I'm Happy! (New pumper)

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Really pleased for you. Match sticks will be required to prop eyes open due to 2 hourly blood testing soon :)

Reactions: 2 people

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great news, glad you feel so happy with it, I felt the same, it fetches back the feelings from being a child getting a new toy lol!

Flowerpot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Great to hear you have joined the happy band of pump people. Unusual for 2 hourly blood testing to bring such joy!! :D All the best with it.

H

Hooked

Thank you all. :) Been out the town all afternoon meeting up with my Mum for a bit of shopping. Not a bother with the pump except for trying on a top and when I took it off again the pump went flying. But all was fine. I'll not do that again in a hurry. :eek: ;)

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
Which pump did u go for hooked??

sent from planet look at me look at meee!!!

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Congrats Hooked. Remember - put in the hard work now and it'll really pay off.

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck now you are a pumper.
Hope the two hour testing goes well.

H

Hooked

Touch wood, so far so good! Apart from one reading of 10.9 yesterday, it's been all 6s and 7s so far. I expect that to probably rise a bit up till early evening; we'll see. :)

Considering that I was running 22 to 4 over this last week, a wee bit of an improvement!

iHs

Hi

Take it easy for the next few days as it will take a little while for all the basal from Lantus or Levemir to leave you. So if you find you go low overnight eat some carb b4 bed like on injections but then as time goes on and you think your bg levels start to change a lot, then that'll be the time the basal from injections is leaving and you will be more dependant on the basal delivery from the pump.

Walk first and dont try to run. Try to keep to standard bolus and avoid the high fat content meals until you get your bearings with it all.

Reactions: 3 people
H

Hooked

Hi

Take it easy for the next few days as it will take a little while for all the basal from Lantus or Levemir to leave you. So if you find you go low overnight eat some carb b4 bed like on injections but then as time goes on and you think your bg levels start to change a lot, then that'll be the time the basal from injections is leaving and you will be more dependant on the basal delivery from the pump.

Walk first and dont try to run. Try to keep to standard bolus and avoid the high fat content meals until you get your bearings with it all.
Thanks for the advice. Yes, I ate 10g of carbs when I went to bed at midnight as levels were 4.9 - a little too low for me going to bed as I don't get hypo warnings very often. That kept it perfect overnight.

I'm restricted in exercise anyway as I damaged ligaments in my ankle, still healing.

I did wonder about how long it would take for the lantus to leave my system, so you've answered that question. :) WIll be interesting to see how things develop.

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
I remember going Christmas shopping last year, with my mum and finding a pair of jeans I liked, don't go clothes shopping that much. So went into changing room to try them on and thought oh hell, how do I do this so took pump of my belt, laid it beside me, tried on jeans and went to show my mum and daughter who was with us and thought **** where do I put the pump so walked out holding it, I slightly caught as I was taking them of. I really hadn't paid much attention to what I was doing at home it was natural but that first time out trying clothes on I was like really thrown.

iHs

Today as its nice and sunny in London, the pump is in the top of my lycra STV knickers...... the new Spibelt but other than that, its the bra for me and dont have any trouble at all trying on clothes etc

H

Hooked

Today as its nice and sunny in London, the pump is in the top of my lycra STV knickers...... the new Spibelt but other than that, its the bra for me and dont have any trouble at all trying on clothes etc
Good thinking. I got a spibelt, will probably use that if I'm clothes shopping again. :)

JacHibbert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm delighted to say I've just officially reached the ranks of insulin pumper. :joyful: :happy: :joyful:
Went to the hospital this morning, got it all set up, all my questions answered and off I go! Going back on Friday for my first set change. Two hourly testing up till then. SO HAPPY! :)

Great news on getting a pump. I 've had mine 18 months Absolutely love it.What I would say is that it can be a lot of hard work to get the basal rates right - I'm currently on 10 different ones over 24 hours and have 3 different patterns dependent on exercise. Please take this comment as positive - diabetes can be frustrating and so can be the pump but I would not be without my pump. Hope all goes well (been type 1 since the age of 3 in 1972 ) Last HbA1c 5.9 in old money or 41 these days so working for me

H

Hooked

Great news on getting a pump. I 've had mine 18 months Absolutely love it.What I would say is that it can be a lot of hard work to get the basal rates right - I'm currently on 10 different ones over 24 hours and have 3 different patterns dependent on exercise. Please take this comment as positive - diabetes can be frustrating and so can be the pump but I would not be without my pump. Hope all goes well (been type 1 since the age of 3 in 1972 ) Last HbA1c 5.9 in old money or 41 these days so working for me
Thank you. Already vast improvements on my levels, I see two places the need tweeks in basal rates, but levels haven't been over 11 which is amazing. Heading back to hospital for my first set change tomorrow so must will have look at my levels then. :)

I'm finding having a pump an amazing experience so far. Love it!