Whats your weirdest phobia?

este

Hi Everyone,
I'm currently starting a blog and after listening to a slightly odd bus conversation I was wondering if people would be able to give me their weirdest phobia/thing they can't stand. Don't worry I won't name and shame! It can be diabetes related or completely random, it's really up to you.
A few weird examples from me and friends:
The feel of dry towels
Literally anything to do with rats (pictures, cartoons, even the mention of them)
Mayonnaise
Sponges.
Help would be very much appreciated, no matter how weird :)

Reactions: 2 people

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Cannot abide touching cottonwool - gives me the Heebie jeebies.

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

Reactions: 4 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
im ok with cotton wool unless its in my mouth (dentist buds count) or the thought of a wooly jumper in my mouth makes me go cold just thinking about it

busy tube trains are also a phobia ive recently realised, after getting on the tube for the first time in donkeys years, people touch you ewwww, lol i dont mean inappropriately, when your sitting they kind of spread out like you might if you knew them, i ended up scrunched in the middle trying not to be touched by strangers, sweating like pig lol

and dead things, for example i cant look at road kill but could happily cuddle them alive, i dont mind spiders at all, i can play with them but once they are dead eeeek! cant go near them, i have managed to avoid any of our cats and dogs being dead in my presence over the years, when my last cat died the wife rang me and told me i needed to come home, yeah right, i helped out by instructing her to put it in a sack and take it to the vets, also i go fishing alot for carp and hold them for photos etc no problem but a dead goldfish floating on my pond aaaargh cant bear it lol

edit: doctors, dsn and dieticians

Reactions: 5 people

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Baked bean juice. I can't stand it touching me or other food on the plate. Beans have to go in a ramekin or something else so it can't contaminate!

Also can't stand the sound of metal on metal or knifes and forks scraping on a plate.

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 6 people

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also can't go near kids with wobbly teeth!

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
lol thats not a phobia, that normal, who likes smelly toilets? lol

Nobody I expect but the thought makes me really sick and I would have to bleach my hands after using one.........:) I would rather hang on for hours than use a dirty smelly loo.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Corduroy or velvet. Cannot touch them. Even if I think about touching them, I get shivers. Also, the thought of tin foil in my mouth is not good.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have spectacular meltdowns with needles, it's 7 years since anyone got any blood off me, that was with gas and air, I can only just cope with finger pricking, hence my diabetes team go mad if I don't test regularly

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rubber animals. I am much better than when I was a child, when I wouldn't even go near a store that I suspect sold them. Just today I walked by some rubber snakes, etc. in Wilkinson's and it gave me a shiver. Hate 'em!

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
:greedy:
Daddy Long Legs (crane fly).
I was playing as a kid and got one in my mouth spit it out and went in the house to clean my teeth there were legs stuck in my teeth. Eww.
Ever since then I freak out if one comes near me. I hate the way they just flit around. Oh just thinking of it leaves me cold.

Reactions: 5 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Reactions: 2 people

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Sandpaper - I'm not sure why, but I am just really terrified of the texture of it.

Danny Prince

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My Likes
Would a weird one be, when having a long shower and your fingers go all soft (not sure what the term is actually called) But when they're soft and saggy, when they're like that and i touch a lid to shower gel or shampoo or something it makes me cringe alot

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Would a weird one be, when having a long shower and your fingers go all soft (not sure what the term is actually called) But when they're soft and saggy, when they're like that and i touch a lid to shower gel or shampoo or something it makes me cringe alot
I know exactly what you mean, and it makes me cringe too! Touching anything when you have pruney hands is horrid

mistyweather

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Wire wool - Brillo pads. Luckily don't need to use them these days but can't pick them up.
Pictures of or live open mouthed Cobras

Had a friend once, who screamed when birds came near - thought that they (and butterflies) were going to get tangled in their hair.