Anyone not have a type?

Emma23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys, my names Emma. Was just wondering if there is anyone here who is diabetic but type is unknown? I'm insulin dependant and being treated as type 1 despite not having antibodies or ketones, docs don't reckon it's type 2 as I'm slim and young (10 stone and age 23) but there is a family history of type 1! MODY has been mentioned but nothing confirmed!

AndyH71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Guess it's just you then! Everyone on here is lovely and clued up, in sure someone who's in same boat as you will pop up soon. Good luck with your diagnosis :)

Type 2 newbie
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Emma23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cheers mate! Well I think I must be a medical phenomenon! The latest is they think it's either MODY or I'm type 1 but a slow developing one! Time will tell! Perhaps my pancreas is putting up a fight! X

Danny Prince

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My Likes
Cheers mate! Well I think I must be a medical phenomenon! The latest is they think it's either MODY or I'm type 1 but a slow developing one! Time will tell! Perhaps my pancreas is putting up a fight! X

You could just be having a really good pancreas honey moon period haha

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I was also slim at diagnosis and dumped in the T2 category without tests. When I had my own GAD and c-peptide done a couple of years back at my expense my GAD was negative but my c-peptide showed that I had little insulin. There are quite a few different antibodies and other things that can damage the pancreas such as viruses and pancreatitis so you can be a late onset T1 with a negative GAD. Yes you could be one of the many diabetes variants such as MODY, but I guess insulin is the treatment regardless.