Aching legs in child with T1

jojojojo2012

My child is 6 and was dx in Feb, caught early and wasnt unwell. Lately he has complained in a morning that his legs ache, all of his legs all the way down. Described as an ache rather then a pain or a cramp, and doesnt seem overly distressed by it, just strange it keeps cropping up. Any ideas? He is still in honeymoon and well managed.

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used up get this. Doctors said it was growing pains but I'm 22 now and still get it from time to time. It's not painful just annoying. Happens most when I'm tired.

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just Laura

Don't think it's any help at all but my daughter (who hardly ever complains) used to complain of aching legs shortly before she was diagnosed.
I used to make her walk everywhere and thought she was just being a bit lazy & moany, if I'm honest! When I look back now, the poor girl must have been really suffering :(

So, no help or suggestions but she doesn't say it any more.

x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My child is 6 and was dx in Feb, caught early and wasnt unwell. Lately he has complained in a morning that his legs ache, all of his legs all the way down. Described as an ache rather then a pain or a cramp, and doesnt seem overly distressed by it, just strange it keeps cropping up. Any ideas? He is still in honeymoon and well managed.

Hi, just a thought...
What are the blood sugar level readings in the morning on wake up?
Does this occur after a night hypo treatment...?

Beth_Robinson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I often get this when my bloodsugar is high... if this is the cause then you can increase overnight insulin dosage (Long acting)