Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incontrol?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Since coming on this site I have managed to get my readings down to 5.7, I am delighted with this especially since following the low carb diet I have dropped two dress sizes - from 16 to size 12.

Reactions: 5 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

My morning bg continues to bob about the 7 mark :(

Had my first hba1c review today and asked the nurse to increase my metformin from 1 tab a day to 2 tabs to see if that can help my waking levels. She gave me a new prescription.

She doesn't agree with T2 testing, but I told her I do and can predict that, although my new hba1c result will be an improvement, it will not tell the whole story. My bg is high in the morning and low late afternoon. This will give an ok-ish average, but I am still bothered by high mornings. Will give it a go for 3 months and see. Can always reduce the met again.

Nursie will be on holiday when the hba1c result comes back, but I have access to my medical records online so watch this space :watching:

(Other review highlights: BP improved, weight down, statins dodged)

Reactions: 4 people

JBrown2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All these cakes in the shop and I cant have any
4.7 for me this morning, 5.2 yesterday.

ricardoharrison

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rascism / Fascism / Negativity
I'm getting miffed now my day and evening results are between 4 and 5's now thanks to diet and exercise. I can't seem to lower my mornings these are usually around 6-7

It's annoying me now !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When do you test, on rising? Is there a time lag between getting up and testing? And how long is your fast? And almost finally, from your fasting score, how do your breakfast numbers perform?

And now finally, when your signature gives your "Current BG level 4.2", what is that based on?

crazicarol

My bg is all over the place at lunchtime it was 8.6 and tonight it's gone up again to 10.4.
It's usually in double figures .
I was only diagnosed 2 week ago.
I've just been really really tired and thirsty all day

A

Avocado Sevenfold

My bg is all over the place at lunchtime it was 8.6 and tonight it's gone up again to 10.4.

Sorry to hear that. Have you been given any dietary advice or medication? I found that with diet changes, my symptoms (such as thirst, hunger and falling asleep at the drop of a hat) disappeared very quickly.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi Carol,

Have you had a look at the thread you started? There is some basic advice on there.

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Yes, follow the links Totto posted on your other thread for dietary advice that will definitely help you feel better soon :) And keep testing, that's good that you are doing this.

ricardoharrison

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rascism / Fascism / Negativity
When do you test, on rising? Is there a time lag between getting up and testing? And how long is your fast? And almost finally, from your fasting score, how do your breakfast numbers perform?

And now finally, when your signature gives your "Current BG level 4.2", what is that based on?

Get up, shower, get dressed, make breakfast, take readings. I usually go to bed with a reading in the 5s.

Fast is usually eating at 7pm (low carb) then eating at 7:30am following morning

In terms of how it cross references between last hba1c it's half of what that was 6 ish weeks ago.

Sig is celebrating that I had a 4 reading from my daily testing

Anything else :) I guess I'm frustrated that I'm seemingly controlling the through the day tests but there's no correlation for the morning readings. As a civil engineer who deals in maths / calcs / trends of figures it's starting to annoy me and my OCD !

mark51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Negative people, Rain
I know exactly how you feel ricardoharrison , I use charts / graphs and data every day in my job as well. It's so frustrating that there seems no actual pattern to some of my bg spikes. But I'm only 9 weeks into my diagnosis. So it will take me time to fully understand. Hope you sort yours out soon.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
There are just too many variables to try and analyse every single reading - meter accuracy, response to different foods, liver behaviour etc etc. I log and graph everything too but I just look at overall trends.

Status
Not open for further replies.