Here we go again!!

wigglyamp

So, my last hic was in the new year, last year and everything's been great since. To day though, after a couple if symptoms raising their head I've been checking my BGL's and I'm high 9's pre meals and low 13's post.

I'm on 2000mg Metformin daily, I'm running between 20 - 30km each week and eat a balanced diet.

I've heard though that stress can impact sugar levels?? Is this my issue? I got made redundant in January and put into a high stress position and have to admit I'm not happy!

Anyone got any experience of dealing with stress and diabetes?

Andy

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

K

Kat100

I have read so much about stress being a cause....our bodies and mind are just so complex .
Keep trying to keep a balance going in your life ....and try and think positive thoughts ....I know that it is easier to say .....etc..
But you have to look after yourself .....Kat

(Sorry to hear about your redundancy that really is a major stress, hope you are getting some support ....so easy to feel isolated )

wigglyamp

Thanks folks - Carb cuttings not really the answer as my diets not changed any. Pre breakfast or fasting test this morning was better at 8.0 but the post test was 16.5 and that was after a 35g portion of shreddies !!

For lunch I had a ham sandwich (no mustard or pickle), a graze healthy snack and an apple, post lunch was 14.3.

Long weekend (I've Tuesday off too) so let's see if it comes down, if not then its a trip to the DNS

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks folks - Carb cuttings not really the answer as my diets not changed any.

Seriously?
It seems quite clear that (for whatever reason) your body's reaction to carbs has changed significantly.

By all means, investigate the underlying cause, but in the meantime, reducing your carbs seems an obvious, sensible and very simple (short term) solution.

Reactions: 3 people

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your diet may not have changed but sounds like you are experiencing higher levels of insulin resistance, so your body is becoming less tolerant of carbs. You would do well to reduce your carb intake.