NovoMix 30

Star47

Does anyone else use NovoMix 30? My son diagnosed in 2008 with Type 1 uses NovoMix 30 twice a day. He is 18 now. He seems to get on with it ok and was put on Mixtard 30 twice a day when he was newly diagnosed then when the manufactureres changed things around he was put on NovoMix 30. I just wondered if there was anyone else using this regime and how they get along with it their experiences? I never see or hear of many other People on NovoMix 30 twice a day. He uses Novo Rapid to bring his sugar level down if it goes too high. He does have hypo's now and again but has not had anything severe.

debbiiee

I used novomix30 after diagnosis of type 1. But basal bolus therapy consisting of novorapid & lantus/levemir will give a good control than novomix30 does. Hypoglycemic episodes also will come down with basal bolus regimen once u work out your correct dose:)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

iHs

With all the insulin mixes its important to get the balance of carb correct against the action of the insulin and not eat just 3 meals per day. Basal bolus only works ok with frequent bg testing and trying to figure out the correct insulin to carb ratio but even then, many find that they need to eat a tiny snack to deal with insulin action

Reactions: 2 people

Star7

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes find that you need to eat snack mid morning and mid afternoon. Not easy going through teenage years with it though, things can be very up down as can lifestyles at that age. I just hope that with all the money that keeps getting poured into research a better method other than injections is found to administer insulin to Type 1's or better still a cure! I do come across these continuous blood glucose monitors that you wear on your wrist being advertised as being tested/coming soon etc. they look like a watch or a fancy digital band, but they never ever seem to materialise. It feels like the donkey and carrot when ever I see these. I did subscribe to a newsletter 2 years ago for this type of product, but give up as it never seems to leave the shop floor, despite them advertising otherwise.

SarahEldib

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used it for a month twice or three times a day. It was quite troublesome having to remember to snack so often and what to snack on. Daily hypos.

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am type 2 using novomix 30 but I am changing over to basal bolus regime so as I can have better control. Novomix is great as a first use to get used to using insulin

Type 2 diagnosed 24/01/2013.
Novomix 30, Victoza, Simvistatin.

PaulinaB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was using novomix 30 for a few weeks after diagnosis, but it didn't work for me (midday lunch was pushing my bg high). So I was switched to basal/bolus and it works better for me.

My nurse said she has patients using novomix 30, so it's not uncommon :) I guess it's about what works best for a person.

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am Type II and use Novomix twice a day. I find I have to eat quite regularly and watch it when I'm walking for long periods. Otherwise, have no problems and it does the job.