Parkrun

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
wow, :) did you ask him how feels about what parkrun has become?

I didn't. I got the impression that he hears the same questions everywhere he goes, so I just talked about my favorite topic as usual: ME!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i have 3 young fellas from work doing the tilgate parkrun this saturday, they may be young but ill definately beat them right?

one of them did a practice 5k yesterday 21.5 minutes :wideyed:

i hate young people :facepalm:

Reactions: 4 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
well, they all beat the *whatsname* out of me lol, had loads of fun though :)

looking forward to next week at oakhill :)

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I need to take on 25g of carbs before a 20 mile bike ride or I'm too weak. Other than that low carbing works well for me.
Got my hba1c coming up soon and predicting around 36.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I need to take on 25g of carbs before a 20 mile bike ride or I'm too weak. Other than that low carbing works well for me.
Got my hba1c coming up soon and predicting around 36.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

i wouldnt say eating 25g before 20 miles is bad at all mate, ive tried energy bars ect on long runs, the park runs are only 5k though so no need for anything out of the ordinary

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
647 at Huddersfield today. Getting a bit packed until you get the first k out of the way

I think that some of them self-regulate after a while, as the numbers increase and the comfort and convenience decrease.

I feel lucky that my parkrun - Oak Hill in Barnet - is one of the smaller ones. A year ago we were only getting 40, now we're breaking 100. It's nice to see "our baby" growing up, but I like the intimacy of knowing nearly everyone, I doubt that's going to continue for much longer.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
nonsuch gets 300-400, today tilgate was 330ish both getting a little tight for the people that care about their times

i wonder if there is a way to line folks up in speed order or stagger the starts for the crowded venues?

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Missed my parkrun on Saturday - due to running day 1 of Great Lakeland 3 Days. Great fun :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Had a great park run today with Borofergie and the Team BG at Oakhill Parkrun, Thanks guys! great fun and really into the whole Team BG thing, ill spend some time looking at what you guys are all about and join in wherever i can :)

this is the website if anyone fancies having a look
http://www.teambloodglucose.com/TeamBG/Home.html

Thanks for having us Mr Fergie.