Itchy Skin?

gk29

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lately I have had really itchy skin and don't no if it's to do with the T1 I have or allergic to saint seen Dr useless regular DSN not available

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Westie2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
With any skin condition it is worth looking at the general condition of your skin and start using an emollient, select something with out perfumes and does not contain SLS. Apply in the direction of hair growth. Use a minimum of twice daily. If your skin was dry then emollient use should reduce the itchy skin, otherwise it should be back yo see your GP.

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
Lately I have had really itchy skin and don't no if it's to do with the T1 I have or allergic to saint seen Dr useless regular DSN not available

Skin conditions can look and be, mostly harmless and they can also be a symptom of an underlying more serious condition. Itchy skin is also a symptom of a stressed liver. Worth checking it out and don't let the Dr. Fob you off with a topical cream til you've had a thorough discussion about it. The gp is a generalist practitioner. They don't know everything.
Good luck with it

Reactions: 2 people