Diabetes and cancer

DFiona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Just wondering how cancer affects blood glucose?? I don't have this diagnosis thankfully but from what I have read many of my health symptoms and conditions you might find in a patient with cancer. My sugars just keep on rising for instance even when I eat zero...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Am I wrong in thinking you are worried that you might have cancer? If you eat zero your body may well provide sugar in the belief that you need to keep going.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Fiona

I think on your last post you were saying you didn't want to try more insulin to get your blood glucose down. Did you go for the regular exercise as an alternative?

DFiona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes. I know this -- fight or flight -- it thinks I'm anorexic or something... The DSN told me to cut what I was eating (nothing) in half...!!!

I haven't felt at all well since restarting the diabetes meds. Today sugars aren't low (10ish so not that bad) but I'm feeling constantly dizzy and have almost fallen over in a shop :-(.

Something else isn't right

Wish they'd actually listen to me and try to help for a change.

DFiona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Fiona

I think on your last post you were saying you didn't want to try more insulin to get your blood glucose down. Did you go for the regular exercise as an alternative?

I would need accompanying Spiker coz of my eyesight probs and dont have anyone... And just cant be ill now with my daughter doing GCSEs for the next month.:(

Sorry, bad day as feeling queasy etc and still on antibiotics.

Your plan of exercise to lower BG is great if I could afford it and find someone to help me.

south711

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being a diabetic and finding restrictions.to life style. people who do not understand the problems one has. not being able to afford to come back to uk for holidays as often, quite expensive. miss some foods that the French do not do. but can live with that French drivers. who love to tail gate. and they love to drive over the white line. in rural areas they are a pain. but get use to it. does put the wind up you. But driving in the UK found that drivers want to get as close as they can. and the traffic. it took me 25 minutes to get to friends house which was less then a mile away. due to traffic.
Hi I had cancer in 2004 with 5 years of chemo and radiotherapy. Now 2014 and no further symptoms. I was diagnosed with diabetee just over a year ago. Nothing to do with cancer. the doctor says it was my age. As we get older these things happen. Was not a happy bunny as you can imagine. Just wondering what else could go wrong.
But find that you need to live and look after yourself. and stop worrying about something that may nor not happen.
No one in my family had had cancer or being a diabetic. So not something in my history.
They said that my cancer could have started with stress as I moved to France.. Did not notice anything. except red mark on my breast. so thought go to doctors. within 5 days 15th December. I was in hospital and operated on. and returned home on The Christmas Eve.
Could come back I will take this as it comes. If you are feeling ill could be stress. and you need to relax and just think how lucky you are. that you are alive.
I do not think of the bad times. and thankful that I am well, except for this recent problem.
Also I have found out a great deal from this forum. and thank you guys for the information. I certainly feel much more confident knowing that you are all out there. Even sometimes it is a silly question I ask put that down to ignorance.. I get good response from you all thank you once again.

Reactions: 2 people