ANIMAS 2020

deansp8

I am shortly going to be put on the Animas 2020 pump and I wondered if anyone else is on this pump and would like to share their experience of using it and any problems with it ?
8)

thanks Dean Sp8

pumpinpatsy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I've been on it a few weeks now and love it!

I had a problem this morning changing my canular and it said to ring the service team, so I did - spoke to someone straight away and got sorted within 5 minutes. That was help from the US and they were great!

What do you want to know and I'll see if I can answer.

olliedig

Hi

My son (aged 5) has been on the Animas pump for about 7 months now. We had a few problems at first. We had to change the type of insulin we were using from humalog to novorapid and it took a while to sort out all the different basal levels but all in all it has been a vast improvement to the five injections a day.

The only thing that seems to be bugging us is air bubbles in the line. We set up the cartridge overnight to try and get all the air bubbles to settle and then blow them out - but we still seem to get them cropping up. It does have a massive effect on my little lad as he is on such tiny amounts of insulin. :D