cinnamon for diabetes

jimmyq

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Since being newly diagnosed with diabetes been reading around and my friend also suggested eating some cinnamon in the morning its what he does and really helps him ive been trying it for a few days sprinkled on my breakfast or mixed in with water can feel a difference anyone else use it or tried it?

I have wrote some info about it here and will also be writing about my journey of diabetes

link removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

south711

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being a diabetic and finding restrictions.to life style. people who do not understand the problems one has. not being able to afford to come back to uk for holidays as often, quite expensive. miss some foods that the French do not do. but can live with that French drivers. who love to tail gate. and they love to drive over the white line. in rural areas they are a pain. but get use to it. does put the wind up you. But driving in the UK found that drivers want to get as close as they can. and the traffic. it took me 25 minutes to get to friends house which was less then a mile away. due to traffic.
Hi I have read the reviews and thought I would try this. I have had it in coffee, taste ok. looking where I can buy the tablets that the guys have mentioned.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I have a cinammon tablet from Healthspan each evening and think this helps me as I see better better levels when physically working...HOWEVER..

It won't help if you aren't actually monitoring your carb intake...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

NotSoSweet2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, tv soaps.
Cinnamon works great for me, I just sprinkle it on most things and in drinks in powder form or buy the cinnamon sticks, never tried the tablets.

K

Kat100

I love cooking with the sticks I love the flavour...
It is great in my veggie meal as well .....like a stew...

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
i take it every morn on greek youghut and im doing well cant thurt to take it and its nice cheers up bland food

Reactions: 4 people

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
It goes nicely in my christmas pud flavour vodka :D