Where you from?

Mark James

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
not eating food, or drinking
I was in the "secure document destruction" trade... It was long hours & heavy work, but I actually enjoyed it..

What about yourself??
I have my own business (electrician) and studying for a PMP (project management professional) also prince2 and agile, so when i am not working i am studying

Reactions: 2 people

Emma23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mark I know your area very well! My boyfriend works at the Mini plant! I live in a village called Brill, if you've ever been more towards Aylesbury way you might know it?

Jaylee that's awesome! Im so excited because Aerosmith are my favs but I love Motörhead too and two years ago I went to a memorial concert for Jim Marshall where Phil Campbell lead guitarist was playing... Then got VIP after party tickets where I met him, Kerry king and Kate moss!! Best night of my life :) plus still in touch with Phils son! Sorry to bore you with that story but what a night xxx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Grew up in London (sarf), many moves including a spell in South America, now in south Devon.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Jaylee that's awesome! Im so excited because Aerosmith are my favs but I love Motörhead too and two years ago I went to a memorial concert for Jim Marshall where Phil Campbell lead guitarist was playing... Then got VIP after party tickets where I met him, Kerry king and Kate moss!! Best night of my life :) plus still in touch with Phils son! Sorry to bore you with that story but what a night xxx

Sounds sweet to me...! What line of work are you in...?

Mark James

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
not eating food, or drinking
Hi Emma i was a process area manager at the mini plant, and i know Brill very well i have drunk in the pheasant and the sun dont know if they are still there but used to be by the windmill. small world eh

Reactions: 3 people

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
Steve, born in Wiltshire, raised in Cambridge lived there for 30 years or so, home is now Torquay in Devon, and I've spent the last 3 weeks working in West Wales!!

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Alan, born in Belfast, brought up near Peterborough, now living close to Heathrow Airport.

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

Emma23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Blimey Alan!! You gotta lot going on!!

Thank you everyone for sharing! Sometimes on a forum doing things like this helps break the ice and build relationships :) bit nicer than just commenting on random threads but actually getting to know the people we are talking to :)

And mark it's a very small world!!

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm Kim and I live in Clitheroe in the Ribble Valley (posh speak for East Lancashire :) ). A few more miles and I would be in the west riding of Yorkshire. I can see Pendle Hill from my house - setting for novels "Mist over Pendle" and "Lancashire Witches".

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
As my name says I am Andrew an east london boy, but moved to Hillhead (hampshire) then Dartmoor (Devon) and now (for the last 18 years, or thereabouts, living in Bishopstoke (halfway between Winchester and Southampton). Lost my cockney accent many years ago and sort of have a non accent but with some lazy pronunciations from my childhood