Beefy56100

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I'm a newbie to this forum but been diagnosed for over 6 years. I've recently started a new tablet called dapagliflozin 10mg and I just wondered if anyone else was on it and how it affected them? Thanks

C

catherinecherub

Hi Beefy and welcome to the forum.

I'll bump your post up for a reply.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bump!

Sorry, can't comment on the medication.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry hit send before I had finished. I have been on it a few months now and it has worked a treat on my blood sugars. Not sure on weight as I was dieting anyway. How are you doing on it?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

jayice11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi ppl,
3rd morning on forxiga wake up bloods are down from 14 to 6.2 if this keeps up I'll be well chuffed!

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F

Win1too

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
1st timer on this forum.

Day 47 of Forxiga 10mg, no side effects, morning levels have dropped from 8 to 10 now 5 to 7, Lost 7kg or 15lb.
Also on Metformin 1000mg twice daily.
Been trying to stick to a low carb diet as well to make the most of this medication.

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
1st timer on this forum.

Day 47 of Forxiga 10mg, no side effects, morning levels have dropped from 8 to 10 now 5 to 7, Lost 7kg or 15lb.
Also on Metformin 1000mg twice daily.
Been trying to stick to a low carb diet as well to make the most of this medication.

Great drop in bloods and weight loss - well done :) x

Win1too

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Karen, :)

Will be very interested in the results of the A1c test at the end of June. I was the 3rd person my GP has prescribed forxiga to.

Bignairy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just started it a week ago, just at 5mg. The most noticeable effect is the frequent need to pee - up three times a night where I used to sleep through!

Win1too

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Bignairy,

Did you read through the information leaflet that the chemist hands out with new medication?

It only lasted a couple of days for me. But i rarely sleep through the night.

If your unsure or worried go back to your GP with your concerns.

Day 65. Total weight lost 11.2kg

Bignairy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Bignairy,

Did you read through the information leaflet that the chemist hands out with new medication?

It only lasted a couple of days for me. But i rarely sleep through the night.

If your unsure or worried go back to your GP with your concerns.

Day 65. Total weight lost 11.2kg

Thanks Win1too, that's good to know. It's been a bit debilitating this week!

Creedy86

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi all,

I have been on Byduron a while now, and in term of my HB1c it was great but it's now not working so well. I have just been describe Forxiga to take with the Byduron. My Nurse mentioned it could also help me lose weight. Any one here on this?

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,

I have been on Byduron a while now, and in term of my HB1c it was great but it's now not working so well. I have just been describe Forxiga to take with the Byduron. My Nurse mentioned it could also help me lose weight. Any one here on this?
I have been on forxiga two and a half weeks now - after a horrid week on metformin, wow - feel so different!! Combined with following lchf my levels are usually mid 5 waking and not usually above high 6 after eating, plenty water and spending a penny often as it forces the glucose out in your urine of course! Good luck!

Win1too

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My Doctor was extremely impressed with my Hb1c test results. Fasting was 5.8 average was 6.4.

Day 111 total weight lost 13.9kg or 2 stone 2.6 lb.

Weight loss after the initial couple of days does require you to reduce and watch the amount of carbs that are consumed as well.