Exercise challenge from 19th May

Onlyababy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi jamrox great minds think alike LOL, since being diagnosed on the 25/3/14 / I have tried to do about 30 mins a day to get fit, by walking on going on my bike and lately using light weights to improve my self so iam in for defo, good luck with yours

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
This is so good, we are all gonna be running round in lycra by june

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
As I come to the last 5 days of the 5x50 challenge I start to think oh god why did I set up another challenge straight away ....then I realise that the reason I have to set a challenge is because I am naturally a couch potato but I can't be now so will complete the 5x50 challenge and then we will do 30 minutes exercise every day for 42 days then we'll all be smug and feel great.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hi jamrox great minds think alike LOL, since being diagnosed on the 25/3/14 / I have tried to do about 30 mins a day to get fit, by walking on going on my bike and lately using light weights to improve my self so iam in for defo, good luck with yours

Well done you . Hope you are feeling better like me x

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hi I added a photo but can't get it to go the right way up.
I am 48 . Weigh 160lb and 5"7'. Thought I would share but don't want anyone else to unless they want to.
I want to keep exercising cos it makes me feel better and Id like to loose 7lb to be 10st something. Sorry if Ive already said this.

Lizzy5172

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am in. Yesterday my mum bought me a pedometer for my birthday (my request) as I need to walk more. So each day from Monday I will walk more steps.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Haha are you going to do it for more than 42 days then !!!! Lol

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Haha are you going to do it for more than 42 days then !!!! Lol

I am purely for my own benefit. I'm going to do the exercise challenge for 2 months from May 12th to July 12th for now and when July comes around I might carry it on for another two months until September 12th as I go back to university on the 13th.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I am purely for my own benefit. I'm going to do the exercise challenge for 2 months from May 12th to July 12th for now and when July comes around I might carry it on for another two months until September 12th as I go back to university on the 13th.

Fantastic. I was frightened that I would stop exercising once the 5x50 challenge so decided to challenge myself to do 30 minutes for 42 days . Then I wondered if others would like to join me and happily they are. It makes it easier because I will feel as if I ll let people and myself down if I don't.
Im on holiday after that and will be walking alot so once I get back I might join you until Sept. :D

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills

Attachments

• 1400261826142.jpg
    1400261826142.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 173

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
A new you in 42 ( thanks peacetrain) .
Who's up for 30 minutes exercise of your choice for 42 days?

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Starts tomorrow right?
Okay I'm in too - sorry I feel a bit of a fake as it's my hubby who has diabetes, but who can resist such a great initiative!:)

Reactions: 4 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Starts tomorrow right?
Okay I'm in too - sorry I feel a bit of a fake as it's my hubby who has diabetes, but who can resist such a great initiative!:)

fake? no way! you are doing amazing things for us all, i am honoured to be a Team BG groupie

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfriendly and bigotted persons; i.e. persons who do not have an open or enquiring mind - but all within reason - persons may have a reason to appear as such - we will never know their backgrounds or where they come from ...
I am in too Jamrox :) - thanks for the great idea and the gentle nudge to get up and going - really needed that.

Also, the idea of reporting back every day would tend to 'keep me on my toes' in the literal sense ...

So, we will be speaking ...

annelise

- best of luck and encouragement to all participants - we will become a much fitter lot ...

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Starts tomorrow right?

You are a great support for your husband. Wish my husband was as supportive. He didn't eat sweet things until I was diagnosed. He honestly doesn't see that he isn't helping .

I have a few friends doing it who aren't diabetic. They are real people who I see a lot and friends on Facebook land ( who are real people I just haven't seen them in years lol) .