Not a great start to the day

Auckland Canary

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Went to bed last night with BS of 11.something which is higher than I normally am. I took 1 additional unit but woke up this morning with BS of 2.7. Although sometimes I can function quite normally at this level I was definitely feeling very confused this morning. It doesn't help that my wife is abroad at the moment so I was on my own.

Normally I get up at about 6am but my alarm went off and I remember turning it off and woke up again at 6.30am so already I am running 30 minutes late. The problem is that I tested my blood and normally inject 11 Levemir and 4 Novorapid but this morning I injected 4 of something however I have no idea which pen I used in my confusion. Doh. I was compus mentis enough to know I needed food first so ate a normal breakfast but for the life of me I still cannot remember what I injected 4 units of.

So basically I have a headache (normal for me after a hypo) and when I got to work I was 9.6 (after cycling) so I suspect I injected 4 units of Levemir and no Bolus. I took 2 units of Novo but today will be lots of testing and Bolusing I suspect. ******

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
No that's not pleasant at all - know that feeling !

Hope you are feeling better now ?

I get confused most mornings regardless of how low or high, combination on being blonde and taking an hour for my brain to catch up with my body :confused:

Reactions: 2 people

Auckland Canary

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's now 11.30 and I am going to test again shortly but suspect I am high as I am not feeling too good. My problem sometimes is that in the morning there is never a change in my routine with testing blood and eating the same etc. So in my confusion I just continued with the same routine without thinking what I was doing. After the 1st injection I looked on my bedside table and both pens were sitting there and I just about remembered injecting with one and I think it was 4 units. But for safety sake I thought I should not inject any more as I could end up in a world of hypo trouble if I had already bloused and did it again.

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Gosh, been there done that. Hope you manage to get things sorted as the day goes on. Before going on a pump I used to sometimes do my evening levemir injection before bed and then wonder if I'd used the correct pen. It used to worry me sick. The not knowing is horrible. Test test test...

Auckland Canary

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmm..turns out I was 3.0 at lunch and not high as I suspected. I obviously just feel rough from hypo after effects. This reading doesn't make any sense considering what has been going on but have dealt with that now so will test again in a few hours an hopefully by the time I get home tonight I will be back in a normal state again.

Just another one of those fun diabetic days!

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Like you I rely on my routine, on autopilot if I have just woken up or when going to bed. So if something unexpected breaks the routine there can be hell to pay. Commiserations, and I hope you sorted the rest of the day out.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Sounds like the diabetes fairy is playing diabetic tricks on you today! I do hope you start to feel better again very soon, I have also been there many a time and it's not nice:-( Take care and try to take it easy and test, test, test. Good luck.

Reactions: 2 people