Rough skin on arms?

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Hello, Does anyone suffer with rough skin on there arms that are red?? It is kinda hard to explain! And well I dont know how to get rid of it!

can anyone help? As I am going away in a month and would like it to hopefully be gone by then!

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Hi, is it only on your arms?
If so have you possibly used a new Soap, cream washing powder etc

H

Hooked

Is it on your upper arms? My daughter has similar since she was little. The Dr originally told us it was eczema, but years later, by another Dr we were given a correct diagnoses - of which I can't remember the name! Nothing really can be done for it, though body scrub and good moisturiser can help smooth it a bit. Purely cosmetic really. If I can recall the name I'll let you know.

maryamy1994

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arogance, Bullies, Rudeness, Discrimination towards diabetes
Nicola - I have the same as you some of it has turned into scars i don't really find that much helps

Reactions: 2 people

amanda c

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, cold and rain! Ignorance and arrogance
Hiya! Is sounds keratosis polaris. Its really nothing to worry about but I understand its really annoying. As hooked suggests a good and regular scrub (exfoliate) and moisturising routine should help to keep it under control . Scratching will cause bleeding therefore scarring hun so please try not to! The sun and fresh air exposure will help too just remember to use your spf!!! (WOW can you tell I work in beauty?, lecture over!) Enjoy your travels x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App