Gliclazide!

Jaxx01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Me again. Sorry :( those who were prescribed gliclazide how long before you noticed a difference in you blood sugars? Basically how long before im likely to feel a tad bit better :(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Iv been on Gliclazide for 2 weeks now and am hoping to see a change in my blood sugars. How long have you been on it for hunni?

Jaxx01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I only started yesterday lol but my docs suggested that I may not actually be type 2 so im wondering how long it takes...im guessing itll be a few days before its in my system and kicking in :/ just hope it works xx

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I only started yesterday lol but my docs suggested that I may not actually be type 2 so im wondering how long it takes...im guessing itll be a few days before its in my system and kicking in :/ just hope it works xx

When you say they don't think your type 2 do they think your type 1? Gliclizide had no effect on me until I went on to Victoza then It dropped over night, and had to come off gliclizide due to hypos

Type 2 diagnosed 24/01/2013.
Novomix 30, Victoza, Simvistatin.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

I was similar. I was initially diagnosed T2 and put on a balsa insulin & gliclazide. Didn't do the trick and after further tests found out I was T1.

Jaxx01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mo1905 in all seriousness im.pretty sure im.headed in same direction. Im 33, not overweight and my hba1c has gone from 6.5 to 10.9 in little under a year despite 4 x metformin a day. Trying the gliclazide as a last ditch effort I think. Thts the impression I got anyway lol

Jaxx01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thats interesting Crimsonclient. Ive heard about Victoza but have no idea what it is. Could this maybe be the other injectable medication they mentioned to me yesterday?

John_ch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not a lot!
Hi, when I went on to Glicazide, it was 2 or 3 weeks before I started to notice the drop in my readings. I don't know if it's the same for everyone?
My practice nurse was speaking about Victoza last time I was in. It's a non insulin injection that's given once a day. I think she said it works similar to the Glicazide by stimulating your body's insulin.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. It sounds like you may well be a Late onset T1 candidate. Victoza is normally for those who have excess weight. I found Gliclazide full dose worked a bit for a while but as the islet cells fade away it can't help. If Glic doesn't help after a few weeks then do ask for the two T1 tests, GAD and c-peptide. Either way I'm afraid insulin may be the right treatment but it's not as bad as it may sound and does the trick

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It could be Victoza or byetta they could be on about, I am now on insulin and Victoza, as someone says Victoza is mostly given to people with excess weight, however I have seen people that are type 1 that's on Victoza,

Type 2 diagnosed 24/01/2013.
Novomix 30, Victoza, Simvistatin.

happy girl 1949

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nothing
I am on glixazide as well and it does not seam to be working for me don't know when it will start, I take 2in the morning does anyone know how many you can take

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
...I guess we're all different, I took gliclazide when I was first diagnosed and it worked instantly, and far too well, so I went on to diet only for quite a few years..

Jaxx01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am on the max dose of 4 x day. Ive been on them 5ish weeks and still my levels are around 8/9 post meal and im low carbing :/ I have until the 9th july to get my hba1c down to 48 or im facing insulin :(

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
Hi all. I am on glizlizide 80mg x 1 morning, 80mg x1 evening sugars still high

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry to hijack your thread, I've been on gliclizade for 3 months, due to go back for me Hba1c within the next couple of weeks, I know my levels have come down, but I'm a big girl, was losing weight nicely but have put a stone back on which I'm not happy about, can anyone suggest what I should ask the DN for a change to?