I am so stupid,had enough of my self.

Rosemaryx

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To much to say.
I can't cope at the moment,...For 5 weeks since I been told I got Diabetas 2 I have lived by the rule,today I went over the park to write my son who is doing life in prison a letter, to tell him all about how my life has changed since getting this news...I saw him only last week,but couldn't tell him about all to do with Diabetes as his took his little girls to see him since two years ago...I suffer with mental health and I am under the mental health act,I have really changed my life around over the past 6 years,I am no longer a speed addict,nor a binge drinker,but today I gave in and bought myself a quater bottle of vodka,now I feel a shamed...I have been clean from drinking for the past four years,not had one binge,had a few glasses with family,but not to worry about,but today I gave in to the drink,I have just tested my sugar and it is 6.2,quite low considering when am not drinking and eating as I should,but the shame I feel is awful...Am not giving a sob story but my mum died when I was 18 months Los,and although I have raised 4 beautiful daughters who are all well adjusted,I feel like ****...Am not hungry,I know I should not drink,I just have had one of those days,I feel very lonely at the moment,I wish I could let my hair down without worrying what I have drank has done to my kidneys,in fact now am crying my eyes out...Every thing in my past to do with bad habits I have really tried to turn around,and then just when I think I am climbing my mountain am told I have Diabetes,I just feel like am worthless,am sorry for this post,but I just want someone to put their arms around me and tell me that every things is fine,but it's not going to happen...My Daughters and my ex partner,their father are all behind me,but I don't want them to know how am really feeling...GOD I feel so lost...xox

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here is a huge, virtual hug ((((( hug )))))

Is there one person you can talk to? Completely open up to? One of your daughters? Your ex?

We all need someone.

X

Reactions: 2 people

Rosemaryx

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To much to say.
Just worried what that drink has done to my kidneys,thanks for your reply,yes I can open up to my daughters,but everything I have achieved over the past years,and the straight road I am on,I don't want them to be involved in the shame I hold today...xox

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I can't cope at the moment,...For 5 weeks since I been told I got Diabetas 2 I have lived by the rule,today I went over the park to write my son who is doing life in prison a letter, to tell him all about how my life has changed since getting this news...I saw him only last week,but couldn't tell him about all to do with Diabetes as his took his little girls to see him since two years ago...I suffer with mental health and I am under the mental health act,I have really changed my life around over the past 6 years,I am no longer a speed addict,nor a binge drinker,but today I gave in and bought myself a quater bottle of vodka,now I feel a shamed...I have been clean from drinking for the past four years,not had one binge,had a few glasses with family,but not to worry about,but today I gave in to the drink,I have just tested my sugar and it is 6.2,quite low considering when am not drinking and eating as I should,but the shame I feel is awful...Am not giving a sob story but my mum died when I was 18 months Los,and although I have raised 4 beautiful daughters who are all well adjusted,I feel like ****...Am not hungry,I know I should not drink,I just have had one of those days,I feel very lonely at the moment,I wish I could let my hair down without worrying what I have drank has done to my kidneys,in fact now am crying my eyes out...Every thing in my past to do with bad habits I have really tried to turn around,and then just when I think I am climbing my mountain am told I have Diabetes,I just feel like am worthless,am sorry for this post,but I just want someone to put their arms around me and tell me that every things is fine,but it's not going to happen...My Daughters and my ex partner,their father are all behind me,but I don't want them to know how am really feeling...GOD I feel so lost...xox

Oh Rosemary, I do feel for you. Don't be ashamed, you're not super human, I can you we all have our faults, our short comings.
You have such a lot on your plate and sometimes we just want to stop the world and get off it, you are definitely not alone. I admire your bravery for actually having the guts and the courage to write this.
Can I ask if you have a social worker or a crisis team that you can contact for your mental health problems. If you do, can you pluck up the courage to call them. With family. we never want to hurt the people we love, if you cant talk to them, can you show them the post that you have written?
Diabetes isn't the end, honestly it isn't, but at the moment you are just feeling so despondent. Once you make that first little step, it could make all the difference. Please take good care X
' What lies behind us and what lies before us ,is nothing compared to what lies within us' With my very best wishesx

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Have a hug from me too (((Rosemary)))

What happened today was a one-off right? Move on from it stronger. You are recently diagnosed which is a mind blowing time for most people. Speak to your family, if the tables were turned, you would want them to reach out to you.

Sorry to read you are separated from your son. Take care x

Mothership

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
dog mess anywhere
Hugs, forgive yourself please it was one moment, please don't give up. Speak to your social worker or the on bduty social worker xx

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
youve just fallen, pick yourself back up! growl at the world, brush yourself down and get back to it!

what happened 2 hours ago is the same as what happened a thousand years ago, its gone, theres no going back, so no point worrying about it, the rest of your life starts from now!......no now!........no now! you can do it, the same strength youve used to turn things around is still in there, dont let this temporary set back make all your efforts a waste of effort, make friends with diabetes, its the catalyst to your new life, you have alot to be grateful for by the sounds of it, use your family as the excuse to do well, they need you

Reactions: 4 people

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi.

Sorry you are feeling so low. If you don't have a mental health worker or someone in your family you feel you are able to tell what is wrong then maybe the Samaritans could help or another organisation you could phone?

I found my diagnosis (type 1 not too) hard to accept and it sounds like you have some other issues to work through too.

Could you approach your GP and let them know how you are feeling? Perhaps you could be put forward for counselling to help you cope.

Best of luck

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Rosemaryx

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To much to say.
Thank you everyone...Through my past journey, I think my girls have had enough of hearing my about my journey,but having this forum to tell my tale is good enough for me...Once again I thank you...I do attend Maudsley mental health hospital once a week,but this is for my past issues,I don't know if anyone is there on phone for me to ring,I would feel kind of stupid as its drink related that has made me feel how I feel today,don't even know if I should of posted this in here,but thank you for replying,I shall cook myself some mushrooms,sausage and bacon,and not forgetting egg lol,am starting to feel hungry...xox

Rosemaryx

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To much to say.
Yes Andy I hear you and your growl ;) I will move on,am starting to feel better as I type,am still worried if this little drink of vodka has upset my kidneys,but that is due I know to my obsessive thinking...Off to have a nice hot bubbly bath,although yet again I hear these nice hot baths are no good for us Diabetics,but I have always loved my baths in candle light,and this is one thing that I won't allow my Diabetes to take from me...:wacky:

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
getting it out is important wherever it is, if this is a way of getting it off your chest then great, thats what we all do so please go ahead whenever you want to talk, sometimes the anonymousness (dunno the word) is helpful i reckon, and if anyone dont want to read it they dont have to :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
well i dont know about baths not being good, but if you deny yourself that pleasure, then thats definatly bad, soak away :) if it were food (or vodka) id agree but the bath dosent sound to me something to not do

Rosemaryx

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To much to say.
Andy,I just had my dinner and hot bath,I feel more together now,I shall put today behind me and not let today get in my way,am tucked up in bed now waiting for Britain gots talent,then watch the CBS Chanel for the gruesome murder tales,do you think that quater of vodka done me any harm,I Havnt drank in a long while,I will proberbly suffer tomorrow,but for now I have a nice cup of tea,and that is doing me fine...xox...