What's the issue with Animas Inset IIs?

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello. I'm on holiday and just had a failed inset for no reason. I rarely get failed sets these days but if I do I can see blood in the set or a kinked cannula. This looked perfect but didn't work. Scanning this forum I noticed people saying there have been issues with these sets recently. Can you share what they are please?

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
Hi Mushy, when you get the chance, look at my thread, my latest animas inset II. and how my set was yesterday, I added photo's to show what it was like. But I've had a fee others where the set has bent or not inserted properly.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Like you I have had failures with no obvious damage or sign (as well as with blood or with obviously bent canulas). My guess is that the canula is not inserting but is laying flush to the skin and leaking onto the outer skin.

My DSN believed it was because I was inserting into subcutaneous muscle and the muscle resisted entry of the canula. I tried 30 degree sets and short steel sets and have had better results with those, particularly the short steel. I do like the Inset IIs though, if and when they work for you they are great.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jagger38

I had no end of trouble with the inset 11 infusion sets. It just kept failing, and I didnt fancy trying the inset 30, too fiddly for me. Im back on mdi, due to having lost all confidence in pumping, really think animas should look into this problem. Its interesting how im not the only one to experience difficulties with these sets.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am having better luck with them now after following all the advice in this thread. I think Animas maybe need to raise their game on patient training for this product. When it works, it is a really good product.