Cravings... what are you craving at the moment?

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Now Tuesday evening and I am no longer craving anything and that pound was back off when I weighed myself this morning. yippee. I thought ginger was meant to be good for counteracting diabetes. A little yin and yang; ginger and sugar... I would go for it but I reckon you need to eat it an hour before your fasting reading so I might be able to be lower than you just the once. :D

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I believe vinegar is good at lowering blood sugar, so maybe a swig or two of that an hour before fasting might do it. Ooooooooooops, it wouldn't be fasting then though. ;)

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Absolutely nothing again, so the diet coke craving didn't last too long this time.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
That's great zand. My fizzy drink favourite is cream soda but can't get that in diet and it just has to be with a spoonful of ice cream in it.

lucyturniptree

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I don't like beetroot or celery- URGGH
So much for beating cravings: reading this thread has made me crave all of the things mentioned: pastry, chips, wine gums, diet coke, roast dinner, ginger and a big cup of tea. YUM!!!!!

...but I can't because my stupid BMs are high (14) for no reason. Grrrrrrr!!
...and I'm at work, so none of the above (apart from tea) is available!

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't forget water, water and more water!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

lucyturniptree

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I don't like beetroot or celery- URGGH
Had a BIG mug of proper tea!! That fixed everything (including the random high bm!!). Tea always solves everything!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now Tuesday evening and I am no longer craving anything and that pound was back off when I weighed myself this morning. yippee. I thought ginger was meant to be good for counteracting diabetes. A little yin and yang; ginger and sugar... I would go for it but I reckon you need to eat it an hour before your fasting reading so I might be able to be lower than you just the once. :D

Not that you're competitive at all, Andrew.........

Going back to ginger though. Out here, lots of people have ginger in drinks, like vodka, soda and grated ginger root. Some also have it in their G&T, which is a step too far for me. I have it with Club Soda, which gives it a bit of a bite.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm starving today. Dunno why!

And not planned tonight's dinner yet either so I'm in the danger zone...!

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Diddly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hot chocolate fudge cake with double cream. Mmmmmm.

t1
Diagnosed 14/02/2013
44 years old
basal/bolus

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Chocolate cheesecake. Not a slice, the whole **** thing please! I crave cheesecake a lot, which is weird because I didn't eat it often before diagnosis.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You can make cheesecake!! And it's diabetic friendly too...

Just add 70% choc instead of lemon on the following...

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1400738647.774450.jpg
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1400738677.241268.jpg

Enjoy!

Kelsie

Mine is bog standard normal chocolate and too wine gums! I would love to sit down with my boyfriend and wolf through a share packet of minstrels but I have to hone myself in else I end up with a shameful reading! All my friends eat wine gums around me and it kills me as I love the red and purple ones!! Ha

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Mine is bog standard normal chocolate and too wine gums! I would love to sit down with my boyfriend and wolf through a share packet of minstrels but I have to hone myself in else I end up with a shameful reading! All my friends eat wine gums around me and it kills me as I love the red and purple ones!! Ha

Some people here make their own wine gum type sweeties

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/sugar-free-jelly-sweets.23749/

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I have been thinking about key lime pie for weeks. I finally have all the ingredients today to make a low carb one. I hope I won't be disappointed!

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The only time I crave something is when I feed the blackbirds with sultanas I could stuff a hand full into my mouth and I dont normally bother about sweet things at all :nailbiting:
CAROL