HbAc1 Test

Michelle2049

Hi everyone. :-h Not been on for a while but back on now. I am going to have my six month Ac1 test next week. I have lost half a stone (low carbing )...feel better for it...just hope this will reflect on the test :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

Hi Michelle , look forward to,you sharing your results.....great weight loss...

I am a medium carb person .....I was 18 a year ago now 5.7 39%

It is so good when there is some weight loss....how lovely , well,done ....best wishes ....Kat

Michelle2049

Thanks Kat100 and Brunneria...I have found it a little tough and difficult to lose it, but seeing the weight go down is such a great feeling. Getting back on here I thought would help too, talking to you lovely people . Well done to you too Kat100 :) I'll let you know how I get on.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Hi everyone. :-h Not been on for a while but back on now. I am going to have my six month Ac1 test next week. I have lost half a stone (low carbing )...feel better for it...just hope this will reflect on the test :)

Fantastic! Well done Michelle, I'm looking to lose about a stone myself and stories like yours give me hope :) Good luck with the test xx

zazoopits

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I was told that my HBA1C result was 51- can somebody help me what it would be the other way? i.e.5,6,7 etc - many thanks.

Gudrun

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hmmm.. probably a lot less than stuff I like
Hi, I was told that my HBA1C result was 51- can somebody help me what it would be the other way? i.e.5,6,7 etc - many thanks.

Looking at google a result of 48 equals 6.5%; 59 is 7.5%, so I guess your result of 51 is around 6.8%-ish.

Michelle2049

Well the results are in...no change I am still 47 (6.4%) but at least it is stable. Doctor said not to be disheartened as I lost half a stone and it is stable. So I'll carry on with the low carb diet and see where I get to.

Reactions: 5 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I am a very happy bunny today - just got back from the doctors and my HbA1c was 43! My FBG was 5.5 so it looks like I was getting a false reading from my monitor. My FBG over the last few weeks has been anything from 3.3 to 8.6!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am a very happy bunny today - just got back from the doctors and my HbA1c was 43! My FBG was 5.5 so it looks like I was getting a false reading from my monitor. My FBG over the last few weeks has been anything from 3.3 to 8.6!

I'd be more likely to think that your fasting BG fluctuates rather than a faulty monitor.

Mine does. A lot. Things like food the night before, morning stress levels, work/holiday schedules, time of day, activity... They all affect it. Mine varies from 5.3 up to 8.5.

I've been testing twice every day for a couple of months now, trying to map it out.
And trying to find a solution.

You may find this interesting.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'd be more likely to think that your fasting BG fluctuates rather than a faulty monitor.

Mine does. A lot. Things like food the night before, morning stress levels, work/holiday schedules, time of day, activity... They all affect it. Mine varies from 5.3 up to 8.5.

I've been testing twice every day for a couple of months now, trying to map it out.
And trying to find a solution.

You may find this interesting.
Thanks a lot, that's really interesting. I never realised it could fluctuate that much, it was quite a shock! Now I've read about the Dawn Phenomenon it does explain a lot - I used to be a carboholic and would have a bowl of cereal practically every night (facepalm) Now I've registered on this forum I know exactly where I've been going wrong. I would definitely appreciate some ideas for low-carb or carb-free snacks, and I'm looking forward to your updates.

Mothership

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
dog mess anywhere
My doctor phoned this morning with my results down to 42, off Gliclazide now only Victoza and metformin. I've been low carving and lost weight. My doctor was really pleased and so am I☺

Reactions: 9 people