Help! I have so much weight to lose

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've got one of those swim dress things. I love it as it hides the belly so I pretend I'm a size 0! Doesn't do much for my thunder thighs though..!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes Debmcgee, that's what I chose in the end too, it's much more feminine. I realised in horror that if I go swimming people would see my legs too - no one has seen them for many years! - so it's going to be a challenge to say the least.

Reactions: 6 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just remember to shave your legs lol!!

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just remember to shave your legs lol!!

lol, it's so many years since I have had to think of things like that! I'm struggling to find clothes to fit at the moment, I have found 4 tops - all black or navy. I must have other colours somewhere. I hadn't realised my arms were so fat. I can't find my waterproof kag in a bag , well I have found the bag but it has no kagoule in it.. I can't find the dollars I got ages ago for something else. I have found my passport though. I need to find the jeans/trousers that are a bit smaller than the ones I have been wearing, because they are getting so loose I am in danger of having a major wardrobe malfunction. I am feeling very wobbly about the whole thing and am seriously considering sitting on the floor in a heap sobbing as an option. And Pedro has wandered off again.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sometimes I look at toddlers having a wobbly in the middle of town and think I'd love to be able to do that and clear the tension away. So if sitting sobbing will help, go for it, if only that someone might take pity on you and do the packing ;-)

Reactions: 6 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you do e the USA visa waiver thing online?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. Yes I have but thanks for mentioning it because we weren't told about it by our travel company at all, so if we hadn't been to USA before we wouldn't have known about it.
I have found another waterproof coat which fits in the bag for the kag and enough tops and one pair of jeans. No dollars yet, so I still might burst into tears later.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well at last I have a small pile of clothes that no longer fit me because they are too big. I'm not packed yet but have found most things ( except the dollars) so it shouldn't take too long tomorrow.

Reactions: 4 people

Mothership

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
dog mess anywhere
I have a swimdress but it comes almost to my knees cos I'm short and it really is not a good look. Have a great time Zand I will miss you xx

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I will miss all of you too, that's why I don't really want to go! I don't seem to be able to talk to hubby at the moment, he takes everything I say the wrong way. Also it's going to be so hard to resist eating the wrong things. I have struggled since 6 am this morning because I desperately wanted a bacon buttie. I haven't had one......yet.

Reactions: 3 people

Mothership

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
dog mess anywhere
We are going to Amsterdam a week Monday and I am worried because I have no idea what I will be able to eat. When vwe go to Minorca I know what to expect because we've been to the hotel before. Remember wagons can be climbed back on again if we fall off. Have fun✈

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, I liked Amsterdam but we weren't there for long. We stayed there once when we went to a football match at Eindhoven. We also took a youth football team (U15's) to Amsterdam on a day trip when we took them on tour ..... that was a nightmare!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We are going to Amsterdam a week Monday and I am worried because I have no idea what I will be able to eat. When vwe go to Minorca I know what to expect because we've been to the hotel before. Remember wagons can be climbed back on again if we fall off. Have fun✈

Stay away from the hash cakes!!! Lol!!!

Mothership

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
dog mess anywhere
How do nyou ask how many carbs in this hash cake we are going to see Wales play Holland. Have been there before but our vadult daughter is coming with us this time and she will organise us so we will have a plan for each day, I will need a holiday when I come home.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
You won't care how many carbs there are in the hash cake ... :woot:

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Mothership have Argentinian steak ...delicious and no carbs.

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes I will miss all of you too, that's why I don't really want to go! I don't seem to be able to talk to hubby at the moment, he takes everything I say the wrong way. Also it's going to be so hard to resist eating the wrong things. I have struggled since 6 am this morning because I desperately wanted a bacon buttie. I haven't had one......yet.
Have a fantastic time Zand!
Take photos so that you can post them up when you get back. :D

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Packings always a nightmare but it'll be worth it when you're on the plane tomorrow. Have fun!

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Zand a lot of cafes etc have wifi now. You just ask for their code. Its a selling point for them.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How do nyou ask how many carbs in this hash cake we are going to see Wales play Holland. Have been there before but our vadult daughter is coming with us this time and she will organise us so we will have a plan for each day, I will need a holiday when I come home.
So you are going to Amsterdam Arena? Awesome. We took the U15's team there too, ah! those were the days. I look back fondly on the trip now but at the time it was 96 hours of hell and far too much responsibility. I've only seen Wales play once - when they played Poland years ago. And that's the best sort of holiday to have, we always need a holiday when we come home, that's why we rarely go for longer than a week. Have a good break too Mothership.
x