How old were you when you first diagnosed with type 1?? And how long do you have it??

benjygirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
disrespectful people
I was 67. That was 3 years ago after having pancreatitis. I seem to have adjusted quite well to my new lifestyle.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

daisy222

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Misdiagnosed as type 2 -May 2012, age 32, diagnosed as type 1 on 10 April 2014.

Lenya21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, I'll learn to live with it. I'll never love it.
I was 52, 16/4/13. My old local GP said' your type1, I don't know much about that, talk to our diabetic nurse!' Nurse said 'we will look at your diet, now go home, you will probably have that last can of coke and packet of chips. If u feel unwell call an ambulance and we will start you on insulin next week. ! I was terrified my mmol was 25 I did not understand).... The next day my cousin (diagnosed T1D at 40) took me to hospital with 1.5 keytones and was started on insulin straight away. The twist is, the following week when the nurse wanted me to start on insulin, they rang and cancelled!!! She was sick!!! Lol

SpikeThacker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
54 and with no warning..............that was 6 weeks ago. according to the doc i've taken the bull by the horns and taken full control , including carb counting, which has been a great help
clear.png

Reactions: 4 people

JRW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There are a lot more folks diagnosed as type 1 later in life than I would have thought. All I get is your old (diagnosed aged 38) for type 1.

Reactions: 2 people

Geri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stress and feeling exhausted.
I was 8 years old and have had type 1 for 44 years.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I was 31.Husband had left months earlier, so then on my own with two children, had it now for 25 years and still fighting the good fight. :)

Reactions: 6 people

dmcx3x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was 8 now im.22 .. i remember my mum just thought i was being greedy with drinking so mich as wee had no clue what diabetes was then i started loosing alot of weight and she took me to the docs he never knew what it was he then.said he would send me to the hospital for tests so waoted a few weeks and still nothing so my mum took me out of school and took me.up to the hospital and as soon as i gpt their i was being sick.everywher so.must have just discoverd.it on time .. wee still had no clue what it was i remeber i was lying on.the bed and i.had jellybeans in my school bad and my mum gave me them i started eating.then and nurse shouted at me hahaha then after a few days in.they told me my mum would have to inject me and i ran out the wee room.screaming and.hiding then.finally i let her.do it. As she done it toherself crazzy.how i still remember everything