Why would anyone go to A&E with just high bg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sophiebowness1

I understand that people should go to A&E if and only if they are genuinely ill. For example if someone has been poisoned or something like that. But i just dont get why people with just a high blood sugar reading would feel the need to sit for 5 hours in A&E. After all what can the Dr do? Its just a waste of time and a bit on the hypercondriac side for someone to do this.

Have you or anyone you know done this? What was the outcome?

I have had high bg readings in the past and i would never even think of going to A&E.

Are you type one or two?
Because I've had DKA twice now and my second time I got rushed to a&e with blue lights were doctors had to put he into a medical induced coma to protect my organs for my family this was there worst nightmare
So don't troll on things you don't have a clue about!!!?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 5 people

ne0h

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you type one or two?
Because I've had DKA twice now and my second time I got rushed to a&e with blue lights were doctors had to put he into a medical induced coma to protect my organs for my family this was there worst nightmare
So don't troll on things you don't have a clue about!!!?

Why don't you shut your trap?

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Sorry chaps but this is getting personal so I'm going to close this. If anyone wishes to start a genuine thread regarding high BG levels or DKA, please do.

Reactions: 11 people
Status
Not open for further replies.