I don't think I have diabetes - Are my readings good?

dco

OK I checked today, im a bit hung over and havent eaten for 18 hours, I usually have 10 cans on Friday and same on Saturday with a small amount of food, my blood sugar is 3.7 nmol. I'll have beer today as well. Is it a good reading considering I havent eaten? How does beer or alcahol effect blood sugar?

Is 3.7 good or low?

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I find it pretty amazing that someone who is testing BG levels when they don't need to and claims to be obsessive about their health makes a habit of drinking that much in one sitting. The dangers of binge drinking are a far more present worry than any fear of diabetes given your BG readings. JMHO.

dco

I drink beer over about 9 hours, im not drinking 10 beers within a couple of hours. About 1 beer an hour, just over. Drinking 10 beers a day would be something to worry about, but not twice a week. And I did get my liver checked and it is fine. My liver has a nice rest 5 days a week. I'm also 180 lbs and 6ft so I probably need more than the average sized person to get drunk. And I do care about my health, probably far too much!

Last edited by a moderator: