Can Cress Cure Diabetes?

dco

I dont have diabetes, but i like to check my blood sugar levels occasionaly. But I read somewhere a while ago something about only eating cress for 6 months and that it can potentially cure diabetes??
Not sure if I misread it or if this is true?

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
and die and then you wouldn't have diabetes rofl Not a great cure but that would work :p:wacky:

Reactions: 2 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
.......cress doesn't seem to be flying off the shelves so I think its a no-no...;)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd be interested in reading the source of that info. Any chance you could find it?

I suspect that the 'cure' is worse than the disease...

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
I do hope so as cress is about the cheapest item on the supermarket shelf. I would save a fortune every week. Who kept this from us ? Probably the test strip manufacturers I reckon.

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

dco

I'll see if I can find it.. I remember it was some time ago and could have been nothing more than newpaper talk or I might have misread it. I'll see what I can find.

dco

Well.. this is all I could find. I couldn't find anything relating to a cure. But it seems as though it definitely has a positive effect for diabetes ..
Hope it helps.. it seems as though it might be worth having quite a bit of cress in the diet..

http://juicing-for-health.com/basic-nutrition/healing-vegetables/health-benefits-of-watercress.html

Blood glucose: Although not definitely proven, it seems that watercress can help control blood sugar levels and prevent or treat high blood glucose. It is probable that the hypoglycemic effect of watercress is in part due to its high content in soluble fiber, that helps reduce the absorption of carbohydrates from the intestine. This effect is particularly helpful for individuals with diabetes.

http://www.diethealthclub.com/health-food/watercress-health-benefits.html

This low fat, low sodium, low cholesterol food has plenty of benefits even for patients suffering from diabetes. Watercress for diabetics works because it has a positive effect on the pancreas, helping to augment blood sugar levels and maintaining insulin production. Since obesity is the number one cause of diabetes, watercress for diabetics helps to maintain weight loss. Plenty of essential vitamins and minerals and meager calories makes watercress an ideal choice of food for diabetics. Its culinary versatility and flavor make it a cooking favorite. It has replaced traditional herbs and now appears alongside main course dishes. Watercress contains complex carbohydrates, which considerably reduce the amount of insulin needed and regulates the blood sugar levels, which may spike after mealtimes. Experts suggest including at least 3 to 4 portions of watercress in your diet per week to extract maximum benefits.

http://completewellbeing.com/article/garden-cress-packed-with-power/

For diabetes

The seed coat of germinating seeds contains mucilage, which has a phytochemical called lepidimoide. Studies show that seeds of the plant lower the glycemic response to a test meal.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
thats nice, do you have a partner thats diabetic? a friend maybe? what are your motives? im just interested if you dont mind the question? i fyou do ill poke my nose out of your thread

dco

thats nice, do you have a partner thats diabetic? a friend maybe? what are your motives? im just interested if you dont mind the question? i fyou do ill poke my nose out of your thread
Well my uncle thought he had it but it turned out it was something else. I actually had an online friend who died from diabetes only aged 25 (he couldn't afford the medication and collapsed). Plus I have anxiety at times which makes me worry about health (hypochondriac) lol - and yes I did have my liver and thyroid checked too, they're fine lol.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hmm youve said you like to drink 10 cans two days running after not eating for 18 hours but your worrying about your health? okie dokie ill leave you lone, best of luck

dco

Well I used to smoke, I was also obese, and I did have a spell where I drank 3 or 4 days a week. I've lost all the weight and in normal range now, I've quit smoking, I try and do more exercise too. Drinking at the weekend is a norm for an under 30 in this country - not sure which country you're from? And thanks, I wish you the best of luck also as I wont be on here much I guess.

hmm youve said you like to drink 10 cans two days running after not eating for 18 hours but your worrying about your health? okie dokie ill leave you lone, best of luck

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
im on a small island in the south pacific, its called okinowa, i teach karate and tend bonsai trees

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
yes, i also smoked alot of weed and generally made a nuisance of myself, strangely i didnt spend much time looking for answers to medical problems i didnt actually have

Reactions: 9 people

dco

I've actually learned quite a lot about diabetes by checking sugar levels and joining the forum etc. And it's typical of certain anxiety or depression to worry about things unnecessarily.

PS. Your profile pic is funny lol.

yes, i also smoked alot of weed and generally made a nuisance of myself, strangely i didnt spend much time looking for answers to medical problems i didnt actually have

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
lol and we go around in circles, your not worried about starving yourself for 18 hours then drinking 10 cans of beer? that would be a good a neccersary thing to worry about but hey what do i know, im not judging you about the drinking, it is indeed quite normal for a healthy non diabetic of your age, i wish you all the best, im going to watch the telly, good luck with your cress quest and everything else