Can Cress Cure Diabetes?

dco

lol and we go around in circles, your not worried about starving yourself for 18 hours then drinking 10 cans of beer? that would be a good a neccersary thing to worry about but hey what do i know, im not judging you about the drinking, it is indeed quite normal for a healthy non diabetic of your age, i wish you all the best, im going to watch the telly, good luck with your cress quest and everything else
Well, I worry about my weight so when I drink beer I have very little to eat, as beer is a food source anyway and been overweight is one of the worse things you can do, so why would you eat lot's of food when having a bit to drink? I wish you the best too and I hope the cress articles were helpful, lol!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well.. this is all I could find. I couldn't find anything relating to a cure. But it seems as though it definitely has a positive effect for diabetes ..
Hope it helps.. it seems as though it might be worth having quite a bit of cress in the diet..

http://juicing-for-health.com/basic-nutrition/healing-vegetables/health-benefits-of-watercress.html

Blood glucose: Although not definitely proven, it seems that watercress can help control blood sugar levels and prevent or treat high blood glucose. It is probable that the hypoglycemic effect of watercress is in part due to its high content in soluble fiber, that helps reduce the absorption of carbohydrates from the intestine. This effect is particularly helpful for individuals with diabetes.

http://www.diethealthclub.com/health-food/watercress-health-benefits.html

This low fat, low sodium, low cholesterol food has plenty of benefits even for patients suffering from diabetes. Watercress for diabetics works because it has a positive effect on the pancreas, helping to augment blood sugar levels and maintaining insulin production. Since obesity is the number one cause of diabetes, watercress for diabetics helps to maintain weight loss. Plenty of essential vitamins and minerals and meager calories makes watercress an ideal choice of food for diabetics. Its culinary versatility and flavor make it a cooking favorite. It has replaced traditional herbs and now appears alongside main course dishes. Watercress contains complex carbohydrates, which considerably reduce the amount of insulin needed and regulates the blood sugar levels, which may spike after mealtimes. Experts suggest including at least 3 to 4 portions of watercress in your diet per week to extract maximum benefits.

http://completewellbeing.com/article/garden-cress-packed-with-power/

For diabetes

The seed coat of germinating seeds contains mucilage, which has a phytochemical called lepidimoide. Studies show that seeds of the plant lower the glycemic response to a test meal.

Thank you for the links.

Watercress seems to fit with the leafy green veg group that is a good ingredient in green SMOOTHIES.
Like spinach and kale.
But I wouldn't be juicing it.
The whole veg mixed in a smoothie has much more benefit.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Have read that before and used to eat it back in January. Unfortunately you have to eat so much of it to even get a "portion" that I couldn't taste anything else. I eventually gave it up and swapped to lettuce instead.

2131tom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think if you only ate cress for 6 months you would suffer from malnutrition

I once read - I've mercifully forgotten where - that you use more energy eating and digesting celery than the celery actually contains.

That does indeed mean (putting aside essential minerals and vitamins) that, on the basis of energy alone, if that was all you ate you'd slowly starve to death .... No doubt lettuce and cress etc. are in the same league

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Injustice, discrimination, greed, selfishness, WAR
You think beer is a food source do you? Interesting. I personally think you're on the wrong site. When you join as a member, it is asked that you give your diabetic status. How did you get round this if you're not diabetic or even pre-diabetic?

I cannot believe you got any response to this thread. How could anyone possibly survive on eating only cress for 6 months?

I think you should get a life and stop posting on here.

Your avatar offends me too, for the record.

Loner springs to my mind.

Reactions: 2 people

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You think beer is a food source do you? Interesting. I personally think you're on the wrong site. When you join as a member, it is asked that you give your diabetic status. How did you get round this if you're not diabetic or even pre-diabetic?

I cannot believe you got any response to this thread. How could anyone possibly survive on eating only cress for 6 months?

I think you should get a life and stop posting on here.

Your avatar offends me too, for the record.

Loner springs to my mind.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/articles/519/

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Injustice, discrimination, greed, selfishness, WAR
Indianna. You love picking up on my posts don't you. I won't click on your link and may I suggest if you don't like what I post, please just ignore me. This is a diabetic forum, diabetics shouldn't drink beer, he didn't have diabetes, he should not have been posting here. I hope you read all the thread before jumping to his defense? or is it just me you like to correct as this is not the first time.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I am not sure why this post has rattled you but the question by the OP was reasonable and drew peoples attention to cress. There are many people with diabetes that drink beer (not me I am more of a pernod man) and neither does the site say it is only for people with diabetes and there is an "other" option, which I presume, is explicitly for this.

As for the OP motives, if you consider this alongside his other thread about his levels then he may have a very reasonably interest and was wondering if he did have an issue whether cress alone would cure him as he thinks he has read it some where.

Reactions: 2 people

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Indianna. You love picking up on my posts don't you. I won't click on your link and may I suggest if you don't like what I post, please just ignore me. This is a diabetic forum, diabetics shouldn't drink beer, he didn't have diabetes, he should not have been posting here. I hope you read all the thread before jumping to his defense? or is it just me you like to correct as this is not the first time.

No idea what you're talking about. Think you're being a bit paranoid to be honest. I did read the thread and all of his others too.

I drink beer, quite regularly to be honest, if that's someone's decision to do what they enjoy who are we to stop them?

If this forum is only for people that have diabetes shall we kick out the parents of kids who have diabetes? And people who have family who have diabetes?

I don't think there is anything wrong in what he posts, if he's genuinely worried about something then why shouldn't he be able to ask about it without people being mean.

Sorry if I caused any offence.

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 people

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfriendly and bigotted persons; i.e. persons who do not have an open or enquiring mind - but all within reason - persons may have a reason to appear as such - we will never know their backgrounds or where they come from ...
With all due respect, I must say my head is reeling. Is this thread for real?

annelise

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
It would be great if it could, how marvellous would that be.

Jeffretro80s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
cress is a healthy part of a diet and gives salads a good taste, any food that helps prevent high bs will help.

these kind of foods combined with the right exersize really can control and even reverse diabetes II without the need of any prescribed meds

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
cress is a healthy part of a diet and gives salads a good taste, any food that helps prevent high bs will help.

these kind of foods combined with the right exersize really can control and even reverse diabetes II without the need of any prescribed meds

no not at all, i wished i had come here when my dad was dx and learnt about it, i would encourage people who dont have it to come here and for awareness in general to be upped, i cannot explain why i said what i said without being openly mean so you will have to read into it it whatever you like

Reactions: 3 people

Jeffretro80s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
no not at all, i wished i had come here when my dad was dx and learnt about it, i would encourage people who dont have it to come here and for awareness in general to be upped, i cannot explain why i said what i said without being openly mean so you will have to read into it it whatever you like

i had diabetes II but i cured myself with the right exersize and foods..thats why i responded to this thread

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i find it strange that your first ever post was disliking something i said but there ya go huh

cure is a contentious word to use but im glad you have controlled things and hope you continue to..... be cured

Reactions: 5 people

Jeffretro80s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i find it strange that your first ever post was disliking something i said but there ya go huh

cure is a contentious word to use but im glad you have controlled things and hope you continue to..... be cured

i disliked it cause you talked as if someone without diabetes had no right to be here..call it strange..i call it a normal reaction

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
its not for me to say who can come here, and the conversation i was having was spread over several threads at the same time so the comments are out of context, i actually regret speaking at all, i should have known better but ill never learn

but i certainly dont think anyone is unwelcome here, unless they happen to be trolls and im not a member of the forum police, i just say it as i see it, and folks take me or leave me, i dont care either way, i dont mind you disliking what i said :) theres an ignore button somewhere that will delet all most posts from your life if you find me distasteful

Reactions: 6 people