Dapagliflozin = Forxiga

layne56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Ahhhh, I see. My GP wouldn't give me meds "in case", its a case of making an appointment as and when and hoping I get them. No, that's not fair he is actually very good.

I know starting any new treatment can be scary, but once you start feeling better it will all be worth it. I have been reading the book "think like a pancreas", have either of you two ladies read it? Its fascinating and so informative and I am picking up so much more diabetic knowledge.

Karen I haven't been running to the loo at all, I didn't even know that was one of the side effects lol, looks like I haven't read the packaging blurb at all doesn't it?

Chris

Sometimes its best not to read anything!!!! I am on and off the loo like crazy too.
Not heard of that book - but will be googling it.
I am doing alot of googling at the moment - i have not long moved to this area, and need to find a friend - OH thats sounds pathetic lol - am not explaining, will sound even more pathtic.
Fingers crossed my bloomin bloods are better tomorrow!

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Chris, thank you for that. The book sounds interesting - will see if I can get if for my kindle - need something to read whilst walking!

I'm not sure whether I'm overcompensating with the water!!! Don't want to get any infections lol. I have four to five pints of water, four cups of tea and a 500ml of diet orange a day lol.

Layne - good luck for your bloods tomorrow, I am sure they will start to come down once your body gets used to the insulin.

Reactions: 3 people

chris9996

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Vegetables
Good Luck with the appointment tomorrow Layne, let us know your results. LOL, I know about sounding pathetic, but believe it or not, this site is making me more positive. :D

Yep, I drink almost non stop, tea and juice that is.:oops: Must have about 15 mugs + of tea and an empty diluted juice bottle of Robinsons during the day/evening. If I could just dilute the body fat I would be most happy, but, its Weightwatchers tomorrow LOL.

layne56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Luck with the appointment tomorrow Layne, let us know your results. LOL, I know about sounding pathetic, but believe it or not, this site is making me more positive. :D

Yep, I drink almost non stop, tea and juice that is.:oops: Must have about 15 mugs + of tea and an empty diluted juice bottle of Robinsons during the day/evening. If I could just dilute the body fat I would be most happy, but, its Weightwatchers tomorrow LOL.

If it works for you, then brilliant - no dehydration! I got fed up of drinking loads, and have regretted it, felt **** - so more water for me - going to buy myself some squash. Hope your weightwatchers is good too :)

janc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi
I've been on Forxiga since last November, my HbA1c has come down from 97 to 80, Since the end of November I have lost 1stone 5lbs. The only down side I have is regular Thush for which I have to take Fluconazole regularly prescribed by my GP. I think the benefits I'm getting from Forxiga is outweighing the side effects.

My other medications are Metforming 1g daily, Humalin I 44u twice a day, Humalog 20u three times a day, Omeprazole, Atorvastatin, Fluoxetine, and Fluconazole when needed.

layne56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
I've been on Forxiga since last November, my HbA1c has come down from 97 to 80, Since the end of November I have lost 1stone 5lbs. The only down side I have is regular Thush for which I have to take Fluconazole regularly prescribed by my GP. I think the benefits I'm getting from Forxiga is outweighing the side effects.

My other medications are Metforming 1g daily, Humalin I 44u twice a day, Humalog 20u three times a day, Omeprazole, Atorvastatin, Fluoxetine, and Fluconazole when needed.

Well done on the weight loss, i am seeing some pounds dropping off me. Regular thrush must be a pain (sorry) but if you are prepared to put up with that then you deserve a medal :)

chris9996

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Vegetables
Hi Layne,
Dehydration is a total pain, I am on Tramadol for pain, and if I become dehydrated at all then its constipation which is even worse :inpain: :). WW was okay another couple of pounds off, its still not fast enough for impatient me.

Hi Jane, Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the weight loss and getting your bg down. Sorry to hear you are getting one of the side effects of this drug, but maybe its only a short term complication. what dose are you on of the Forxiga? I am on the 5mg,

TC
Chris

Reactions: 2 people

ninasings

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals, Ignorant behaviour, Misogynists
Hi just been put on Dapagliflozin...started on Tuesday by taking half a tab as with my system I find I need to take things slowly. It's great that I'm not having to jab myself 5 x a day...but still doing Lantus in evening tho endo wants me to do it in the morning. I've read the info about possible increase in Bladder cancer but hope drinking loads more water will mitigate aganst that. Fingers and toes crossed.

Lulu64

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Everybody,
I have been on Dapagliflozin for 10 days and have noticed the increase in drinking water and going to the toilet but also a horrible dull ache in my lower back and side for which I have to take pain killers because it is keeping me awake. Has anyone else had this problem and if so does it go away or should I contact my D.N.? I don't think I can put up with this for much longer. Any advice gratefully received :)

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Everybody,
I have been on Dapagliflozin for 10 days and have noticed the increase in drinking water and going to the toilet but also a horrible dull ache in my lower back and side for which I have to take pain killers because it is keeping me awake. Has anyone else had this problem and if so does it go away or should I contact my D.N.? I don't think I can put up with this for much longer. Any advice gratefully received :)
Hi folks! I have been on dapagliflozin for 6 weeks now and find it's brilliant!! Seems to suit me fine, levels down, weight dropping - can't say I feel hungry, maybe that's due to doing lchf for 7 weeks now!
Lulu, get checked out as you may have a utility or kidney infection- one of the possible side effects