"A new you in 42"

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
40 minutes brisk walking yesterday and 35 minutes this evening, in the rain.

I must apologise as I was unable to complete on Thursday and Friday. However, I've set myself to go up and down stairs 42 times for each of those two days. That's extra to the normal day to day going up and down stairs.
I'm doing it in sets of 5 and I've done 6 sets today. Quite good actually, I was watching a television programme and every time the adverts came on I went and did a set of 5. So I've done 30 of 84 ups and downs ha ha

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 7 people

Lizzy5172

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not been on for a few days but I am sticking to increasing my steps every day. I also did 30 mins dancing this morning...I must put music on more often! And its my birthday today and I have resisted treating myself to something naughty lol. Onwards and downwards... 10lbs down now!!

Reactions: 7 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Not been on for a few days but I am sticking to increasing my steps every day. I also did 30 mins dancing this morning...I must put music on more often! And its my birthday today and I have resisted treating myself to something naughty lol. Onwards and downwards... 10lbs down now!!

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I must apologise as I was unable to complete on Thursday and Friday. However, I've set myself to go up and down stairs 42 times for each of those two days. That's extra to the normal day to day going up and down stairs.
I'm doing it in sets of 5 and I've done 6 sets today. Quite good actually, I was watching a television programme and every time the adverts came on I went and did a set of 5. So I've done 30 of 84 ups and downs ha ha

That is a brilliant idea, peacetrain. Interval training gets a new meaning, but jesting aside, those short bursts of intense exercise can really increase fitness. Also a simple way for those who are up to it, but short of time to build their exercise regime into their busy day.

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
ok today we are heading out geocaching, we are all going (even my 13 yr old cave (bedroom) dweller is coming) so should be fun, we are wellied up and will be wearing stinging nettle proof clothes so we will be walking for hours, that should cover my exercise for the challenge, now i have to try and stay calm whilst the wife spends 85 hours doing i dont know what to get ready :)
My hubbie thought this was hilarious and suggested that she is laying out all her clothing on the bed whilst deciding which clothes make her look the slimmest and matching up her jewellery before covering up with waterproofs anyway. He often makes such suggestions to me, the git!

Reactions: 5 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
...another long walk along the seafront yesterday and some exercise on what I call the spinning disc but have now discovered its actually known as a twist board!! ......going out with a friend today which will involve a few hours' walking but we'll be out for lunch too, will try to behave myself and be good in what I eat....:p

Reactions: 5 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
@Jamrox this is not going well! On Saturday I got half way to Lidl and the heavens opened. The rain stopped when I got there. And started again as I left lol!
Yesterday, we cycled to the park in the centre of town. It takes 30 mins to walk there. Avoiding roads with the 6 year old. Over an hour. Lovely picnic. Went back and 6 year old accidentally rode into my front wheel causing me to fly through the air. I am covered in bruises from hitting the ground and having bike land on me. I also swore at our child. Not my finest hour. Still feeling ashamed. Hubbie took us back via a lovely country pub and took us via a short cut. Through brambles and chest high nettles. Wine was lovely, much needed and deserved. Then he took us back via under pass where I had to walk through stagnant, overflowing, ankle deep drain-water. Think I'll stick to walking!

Reactions: 8 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Jamrox this is not going well! On Saturday I got half way to Lidl and the heavens opened. The rain stopped when I got there. And started again as I left lol!
Yesterday, we cycled to the park in the centre of town. It takes 30 mins to walk there. Avoiding roads with the 6 year old. Over an hour. Lovely picnic. Went back and 6 year old accidentally rode into my front wheel causing me to fly through the air. I am covered in bruises from hitting the ground and having bike land on me. I also swore at our child. Not my finest hour. Still feeling ashamed. Hubbie took us back via a lovely country pub and took us via a short cut. Through brambles and chest high nettles. Wine was lovely, much needed and deserved. Then he took us back via under pass where I had to walk through stagnant, overflowing, ankle deep drain-water. Think I'll stick to walking!
Oh dear, Scandichic
At least you shouldn't need a helmet for walking.
Oh wait, just looked at your avatar pic and you do wear a helmet all the time.
Good for you for having a go. I guess the tandem won't be needed now?

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills

Hope you re ok Peacetrain.
Its amazing to see people fitting activity into their normal lives. Im getting loads of ideas too. My default is couch potato so any tips are always welcome lol

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills

Well done mrs. Dancing in pjs is catching on lol

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is a brilliant idea, peacetrain. Interval training gets a new meaning, but jesting aside, those short bursts of intense exercise can really increase fitness. Also a simple way for those who are up to it, but short of time to build their exercise regime into their busy day.

Using the bottom step of the stairs is also good for quick bursts of stepping. :)

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills

Oh my god that is dedication to the cause. Sounds more like a tough mudder than a walk. Lol.
Hope the bruises aren't to bad.
Don't worry about the swearing they hear worse at school. ..sadly