More Essiac Tea Vicar?

sixfoot

Did a look see but decided not really of relevance unless someone knows better ----------- and more often than not they do :?

biscuitaholic

Hi, I'm a newcomer but having been reading your boards with interest for some time now.
I was put on 6 Novarapid 3 times a day and I have been on the slow one at night for quite a while (44). But since I have been on the insulin in the day my weight has ballooned. I've read your low or no carb discussions and have tried that. It does lower my blood sugers but I am starving by the evening and you can only eat so much fruit. Also I find if I get down to 5.5 I start to feel ill, clammy, shaky etc. I have never had a hypo but I think that is how it must be. My BS are far to high and I need to lower them.

any advice?
:? :? :D

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
The reason you feel shaky at that level is because your body is used to the high blood sugar levels.If you manage to bring your levels down your body will get used to the lower levels.Under 4 is considered on its way to hypo level.

CarolTaylor

could any one tell me aout this tea ,ive never heard of . I love cinnamon wonder if it would help me.Where could i purchase the tea. Thank you CAROL

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Carol,

Essiac tea is a Canadian concoction that was claimed to be a "cure" for cancer. Of course, it is no such thing and tests have shown it to have no value in either the prevention or treatment of cancer.

Even the makers don't claim it to have any effect on diabetes, so if that is what you were thinking of, don't throw your money away. This seems to be yet another worthless "snake oil" product!

samcogle

Hi, read this thread with interest as I have started taking cinamon on apples etc and haven't noticed a great difference in my BG. Does it have an effect immediately or should I wait a while? Not going to stop eating it though as it is lush. Also bought some fenugreek tablets last week, which I take 3 times a day, but day 3 and I smell like celery so hope it is worth it :)

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Sam,

I tried cinnamon for six months. Nice taste but made absolutely no difference to my BS.

samcogle

Dennis said:
Hi Sam,

I tried cinnamon for six months. Nice taste but made absolutely no difference to my BS.
Hi Dennis, same here so far but as my BG seems to be slightly erratic at the moment and I am unsure why, think I will keep eating it but just for the taste :)
Stopped the fenugreek and smell a lot more pleasant now!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,
Has anybody tried Essiac tea?. It's supposed to stop diabetes in it's tracks.
I know that the claims are probably horse s**t, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

cheers,
timo.

Yes I've tried essiac tea and it was brilliant for my type 1 Diabetes. My insulin requirement dropped hugely. I used to take 14 units of insulin in the morning and 10 units at night time.
When I was drinking essiac tea I was then taking 3 units of insulin in the morning and 2 units at night time. If I had kept up the healthy eating, very physical job and drinking the tea, I would probably not be needing insulin at all now, as that tea was the only thing I've ever tried that worked.
My problem was that suffering with depression and always having alot of hunger made me then become unhealthy again and I just stopped drinking the tea along with that.
If you are really good and consistent with healthy eating and exercise, then I think this tea really does work wonders for anyone with Diabetes. That was my experience anyway.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Here is what Dr Axe, a well-known advocate for alternative medicine, has to say about Essiac
https://draxe.com/nutrition/essiac-tea/

My take on it is simple, if it worked, then Big Pharma would use it or synthesise it or otherwise mash it up into an expensive pill to supply the free-spending government health departments.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @funkadella1975 This thread is over 12 years old - you are unlikely to get responses from the original posters on this thread now, if you wish to start a new thread then let me know and I will create one for you.