Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Bluetit start to do something like a coin toss if you get 3 in a row or a heads you test. That way you are not taking it every day and it is a lot more randomised.

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 which is my lowest fasting yet. I went to bed on 4.8 after a smaller evening meal than usual so am thinking that may be something I have to swap round as we always eat at night as OH says he can't function in the afternoon after a large lunch. Perhaps I can swap him too.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
7.0 - aarrgghh! Suspected outlier on meter accuracy so did again, 6.1.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Not tested this morning but should have done because I had an excellent day yesterday, including good results following evening meal of roast lamb, roast spuds, gravy and lots of veggies. Average for the whole day was 6 including all my post meal readings. Well chuffed.

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Oh dear. I'm always above 8! Yesterday I started to low carb and I was still 8.3 on waking. Is there anything I can do?

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Sunspots like everything give it a bit of time to kick in. Your body has to adjust to using fat not carbs and that can take days to several weeks. It isnt like you lack time this is a rest of life eating plan not a quick fix :)

Reactions: 5 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1 again today despite being pretty good yesterday.

Question. If you eat carb, test and it's ok, is there a possibility it will get you at the fasting test the next day?

X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 this morning.

So strange that my medication is reduced and my bg lower... Perhaps my body prefers the slow release version... As Dr Beaker said "most satisfactory, most satisfactory"
(Unless your a 50 something and watched Supercar you won't understand that ;-). )

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Snap (again) - we're not related are we?

:)

I tried a small experiment this morning. I normally test as soon as I get up but don't test before breakfast as there isn't much of a gap.
This morning I tested twice. Getting up 6.3
Before breakfast 6.3
In between the tests I saw to the dog, fish, tortoises and garden birds, made my breakfast. No shower or getting dressed.This took 20 minutes. No difference in levels, so no liver dump after getting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.