My hbc1a

DavideB

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hello: Just rang surgery for my results and my hbc1a was 39 or does she mean 3.9

Surgery: "you are normal"
Me: What does that mean please?
Surgery: Just carry on what you are doing
Me: What about my cholesterol and other fasting Sugar results;
Surgery: We do not have any other results sorry;
Me: So why did I do a fasting blood test?
Surgery: do not know, speak to your doctor

Can someone please tell me what 39 is/means and how its all worked out.

Thanks

DavideB

Last edited by a moderator:

mine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i always tell my doctor to order a full test, as my vein are not so visible its painful to do blood test.

DavideB

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
i always tell my doctor to order a full test, as my vein are not so visible its painful to do blood test.

Hello Mine: He said it was a full test and the nurse (well butcher) that took my blood said it as well

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
If it's 39 in new money then that is brilliant, a controlled 'normal' level, well done.

Ask the surgery for a full printout of all the results though. They are obliged to provide it.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
An HbA1c of 40 and below is what people without diabetes normally return, hence the comment you are normal.

mine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Mine: He said it was a full test and the nurse (well butcher) that took my blood said it as well

some doctor do not give you the full test fearing you might switch doctors. some doctor do not wants to share the patient information becos its confidential unless written permission, they do not wants to provide the printout.

one doctor i know, got into trouble when he printout to a patient. the patient pass the printout to another doctor and then accuse this doctor of leaking the information. the doctor had a hard time proofing himself.

nowadays, people comes from a lot of different culture. so its better to be careful.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
at worst they can request you ask for them in writing, just stand in the doctors, ask to borrow a pen and paper, and write down give me my results, then sign it, that should do the trick

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In England we are all entitled to see our medical records. Some records do need written permission, however, blood test results do not. There is currently an on-going trial of putting medical records on line, and if this is successful we will all be able to see our records via a computer. Meanwhile, please ask for a print out. You are definitely entitled to one. I have all mine.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
this is also helpful when they lose your medical records (my daughters) because you have your own copy (that we had to photo copy to give back to them :rolleyes:)

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I asked the nurse for mine on Tuesday and she printed them off there and then. Everything went back to 1987. She was puzzled that my November results weren't there. This was when I was diagnosed and the HbA1c was carried out twice to confirm the diagnosis. I mentioned I could ask the receptionists in future ... You should have seen the look of fear in her face!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App