Low

Twisterr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I was wondering what is lowest you guys have been and have you been hospitalised

ChrisWoodward

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
1.1 and I was a mess but not hospitalised, was hospitalised when I passed out from low blood glucose about 10 years ago but no idea what the figure was.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
It was somewhere in the 1's, possibly I.8mm but I don't remember the exact number as it was a long time ago. I've never been hospitalised due to low bg or had any third party assistance, more through luck than anything else.

Reactions: 2 people

Donna1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Mine is bout 2.9 but only diagnosed a year so never rehodpitalised or required assistance

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The lowest reading I have ever seen on my meter is 1.9. That's a flat out emergency.

However I've never been hospitalised for a hypo unless I've actually lost consciousness, and I wouldn't see any need for hospitalisation otherwise.

Edit: actually I have once or twice also seen "LO" on a meter. But that may in part have been a sample size error.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had a LO on the meter once. 15 minutes later I had raised it to 1.9

Thankfully I wasn't hospitalised. In fact I was completely "fine". I was walking the dog and I managed to get some lucozade and calmly make my way home.

I phoned a friend while it was happening so that some one knew where I was if things went downhill. Just in case!

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

phil55494

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think I've posted pictures of a 1.7 or 1.8 on twitter before now.
Didn't need hospital treatment, just glucose tabs. I did feel awful at the time and for quite a while afterwards.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App