Early scan concerns

emmiewallace

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Feeling a bit fed up! My diabetes midwife booked me a scan, which I had last Wednesday making me 6w3d. Sonographer had to do internal scan. It was hard to get information from her and said I needed to have a scan in 2weeks. On the report she gave me it said diagnosis possible gestation sac and some measurements. I've done another pregnancy test and still very dark test line. Feeling kinda lost now and it's going to be a long wait til next Wednesday!! Did anyone else experience this? xx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

fig

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes i did, i had a scan at 6 weeks, it was internal too but before even starting the sonographer kept saying that it was really hard at that early stage to find a heartbeat so don't panic if she had to tell me she couldn't see one. she said, although she would see the early signs of pregnancy she wouldn't be able to tell me if everything was ok and i would have to wait for another scan a few weeks later. Try not to worry, i will keep my fingers crossed for you. When i went back for my second scan a few weeks later everything was fine and my daughter is now 2 and a half and a menace of a toddler! :)

emmiewallace

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
:) thank u Fig! It's been driving me crazy and mr google isn't always the most reassuring! The sonographer I had seemed so uninterested and when I tried asking her questions she just laughed at me so felt really confused. I feel a lot more relaxed now and I do have mild symptoms, breasts mainly and today feel like I could eat a horse! Last week been really thirsty but levels haven't been high so guessing it's relating to hormones!

Thank you again :) xx

Reactions: 2 people

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The same happened with me I had a really irregular cycle so I should have been about 11 week but there was literally nothing there. They were saying I'd either miscarried or ectopic pregnancy, a week later a sac could be seen but that was it but this rules out ectopic, they did bloods which the levels were rising so went back a week later when a heartbeat could finally be seen. It's just so early at this stage try not to worry like fig I now have a healthy 4 and a half year old after all the early scans making me question whether I was having a phantom pregnancy!! Good luck xx

emmiewallace

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wow you went through quite a time there k8tie_x how did you keep yourself sane through all that? I've only got a week to wait for my second scan and I'll be 8w3d then so will hopefully know what's going on! Kiddies give us the run around even before their born! Hope your current pregnancy carries on well Hun :) xx

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was just a constant emotional wreck with the not knowing but luckily I worked alot of hours which kept me occupied lol hope your handling it ok! I'm just sat in the hospital now waiting for a growth scan and to see my consultant to see whether ill be able to go to 38 weeks feeling excited/nervous I hope babies behaving today lol xx

emmiewallace

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Awww bless you! How did your apptment go? Everything ok?

I can just imagine, it must have been horrible for you, not knowing what to think! I'm doing better today end of last week I'd almost convinced myself there was no baby but given myself a kick and got a few more subtle symptoms. My mum had a lot of MCs so that's on my mind a lot but I'm more positive now! This time next week we'll be sat waiting for second scan!

Hope your doing ok xx

Mothership

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
dog mess anywhere
My daughter had an early scan and the sonographer could see the sac but not the pole (embryo) her daughter is now 5. Good luck and I will be keep my fingers crossed for you x

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm going for a section tomorrow morning, still in shock about it I'm only 36+1 but babies not been growing so it's the safest option :( x

emmiewallace

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
OMG k8tie_x hope everything goes well tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you! Xx try and stay calm as best you can and think of your little one you'll be seeing tomorrow! Keep us updated! Sending a big hug xx

emmiewallace

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1401299887.769567.jpg

A upside down baby price!!! So relieved it unreal! Thank you so much for your support ladies xxx

Reactions: 5 people

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Aww yay brilliant news all is well. I don't know whether I told you I'd had a little boy last Thursday Feeddie James he was 7lb 3 at 36+2 had a few breathing problems, low sugars so still in special baby care at the moment :( x

T1Taz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
K8 post: 553876 said:
Aww yay brilliant news all is well. I don't know whether I told you I'd had a little boy last Thursday Feeddie James he was 7lb 3 at 36+2 had a few breathing problems, low sugars so still in special baby care at the moment :( x
Wow Katie, that's great news. Congratulations xox
Little Freddie will be in my thoughts xoxox

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Taz we need all the thiughts and prayers we can at the moment finding it so difficult with him here in SCBU hoping for a speedy return home finding it difficult to leave him xx

N

NicolaB70

Congratulations Katie. Hope all will be well soon with little Freddie and you can take him home. Lots of wishes being sent your way x

emmiewallace

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Hi k8tie_x yes you did via private message. So glad he is getting stronger by the day! Hope your doing ok and healing well xx

T1Taz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Taz we need all the thiughts and prayers we can at the moment finding it so difficult with him here in SCBU hoping for a speedy return home finding it difficult to leave him xx
Hey Katie,
Both mine were 6wks early & were kept in the neonatal ward. I know what you're going tgrough. It broke my heart to be away from them. I hated having to go home at night, I don't think I've ever been so keen to get up at 6am. The good news is that he's in good hands & will be home soon.
Ye will both be in my thoughts & prayers xoxox