Shitebetic

SteveB66

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!
hi all. i was just wondering what somebody does when nothing actually works to reduce BG levels? Is there a way to just kill yourself with all the insulin that you get given by the NHS? I wonder if that's what they're aiming at as they give me a shed load of it haha. Perhaps the new NHS policy for treating diabetics is "take your time - don't rush in to giving them anything that may show up on our 1/4 budget sheets - just keep them ticking along until it gets like really serious i.e. a leg drops off or an eyeball gets lost in a supermarket". Anyway, I hope all you other fellow DBs are doing OK and that you're all rocking between 4 and 6 ;-)

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
hi all. i was just wondering what somebody does when nothing actually works to reduce BG levels? Is there a way to just kill yourself with all the insulin that you get given by the NHS? I wonder if that's what they're aiming at as they give me a shed load of it haha. Perhaps the new NHS policy for treating diabetics is "take your time - don't rush in to giving them anything that may show up on our 1/4 budget sheets - just keep them ticking along until it gets like really serious i.e. a leg drops off or an eyeball gets lost in a supermarket". Anyway, I hope all you other fellow DBs are doing OK and that you're all rocking between 4 and 6 ;-)
Ok so what have you tried so far? Low GI? LCHF?

SteveB66

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!
I'm so bored of explaining it all to all and sundry. I think I'll just get ****** instead. Thank you for the reply.

Reactions: 2 people

SteveB66

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!
and OK i know that's not a good answer. I'm sorry. I'm just getting so fed up of it all. Sorry!!! Ignore my post. Many other people have worse issues.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
and OK i know that's not a good answer. I'm sorry. I'm just getting so fed up of it all. Sorry!!! Ignore my post. Many other people have worse issues.
Sometimes we all want a day off. Most people here understand how you feel! Big hug! What about some exercise whilst listening to some angry music (I walk to Lidl which takes 30 mins one way whilst blasting music! ) hope you feel better soon!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Bye then.

Hey, there ate a lot of virtual friends here... Friends that want to help. I read a number of ur posts... Don't need you to recap... HOWEVER....

One minute sat feeling sorry for yourself is a wasted minute.... One minute giving yourself some laughter lines and feeling happier leads on to two minutes...

Life is tough, diabetes or not...pick urself up, and throw away those wasted minutes of pity and doubt and hate towards D...

Life can still be **** good... The sooner you get control and it living with you... The better...

D is NOT the end to having fun and living and laughter..

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Now, are you normal or overweight? What sort of diet do you have? I suspect you may have excess weight and as a T2 on insulin that can cause a vicious circle where the insulin just can't do the job. So, give us some more info and I'm sure we can help. If you are quite slim then it is always possible that you are a mis-diagnosed LADA in which case your insulin regime may need to change

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

My ingrown toenail is more important to me than some guy with a broken leg. It's irrelevant what other people have, although it is a way to minimise what we have.
Hope you feel better in the morning, sometimes a sleep is the best medicine.

SteveB66

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!
Sometimes we all want a day off. Most people here understand how you feel! Big hug! What about some exercise whilst listening to some angry music (I walk to Lidl which takes 30 mins one way whilst blasting music! ) hope you feel better soon!

thanks. i do it often but it doesn't really help (slipknot etc.). cheers and take care :)

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Failing that dara o'brien is on Comedy Central +1 now! :)