Breakfast

gizmo girl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. I am trying LCHF diet but I am having real trouble to find breakfast ideas sooooo bored of eggs & bacon!!!! Any suggestions welcome xx

Mushroom

Anything. Lots of recipes on the forum. Yogurt, berries, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds - bit like a muesli. Cheese, celery. Some people eat left-over dinner from night before. Sometimes just a coffee with cream is filling enough.
Why does it have to be a 'breakfast' food? Think we have been conned into thinking that by Kelloggs and co.

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I know what you mean. I found that I can't face cokking or eating hot food first thing. In the end I've gone with Fage Total yoghurt - the full fat one - with nuts or seeds, or I'll have cold eggs in a fritatta or something made one evening. I haven't found anything else palatable. Rose Elliot has some LC cereals in her vegetarian cookbooks but I didn't like them. They rely a lot on flax seeds which I loathe, but if you're fine with them they could be worth a try.

If you fancied something like cake there are several recipes around for LC cakes made with almond 'flour'. There are probably some for breakfast muffins too.

Reactions: 3 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Hi. I am trying LCHF diet but I am having real trouble to find breakfast ideas sooooo bored of eggs & bacon!!!! Any suggestions welcome xx
Sometimes I have 97% meat sausages instead. You could add in mushrooms, tomatoes or a handful of spinach leaves. I felt exactly the same when I started. You do eventually get used to it. When I ate cereal , I usually ate the same one so I guess there's not much difference really. Also, the brekkie fills me up for ages!

Reactions: 2 people

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just love that I can eat eggs and bacon. I vary the way I cook the eggs, but love them every which way. Sometimes I have poached egg over a couple of slices of ham, or scrambled egg and mushrooms. I like boiled eggs, but haven't found anything I fancy dipping in them in the morning - but I've had the idea to buy some of that pre-crisped bacon and use that as soldiers.

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I just love that I can eat eggs and bacon. I vary the way I cook the eggs, but love them every which way. Sometimes I have poached egg over a couple of slices of ham, or scrambled egg and mushrooms. I like boiled eggs, but haven't found anything I fancy dipping in them in the morning - but I've had the idea to buy some of that pre-crisped bacon and use that as soldiers.
Yum!

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Work days I have flaxseed for breakfast (buy one from H&B that is a coco and berry mix - 1.1g carb per serving).
I use one scoop and pour on boiling water, mix and eat. Its a bit similar to having porridge. I tried the plain flaxseeds but couldn't manage more than a week of doing that.

Weekends
Yogurt and mixed berries with cinnamon stirred in

Scrambled eggs and cheese

Omelettes - usually cheese ;-)

or on rare days when I can't face food I have an Atkins shake

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Like @sunspots I have the Fage Total yogurt, full fat natural, with berries thrown in. I haven't tried seeds yet. I tend to leave my fry ups for lunch time.

rogbert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
winter
it seems the low fat brigade are here you cant buy any high fat low sugar yogats these days mostly for breakfast i have either bacon and green vegi fried in virgin oil or eggs on oat bread toast or buckwheat flakes with berries there are some interesting kindle books out there that are cheap or free on a well known internet shop