Who is Carefix ?

Flybywyre

Has anyone met him/her ?
Is he/she a Doctor ?
Does he/she have diabetes ?
Where does this person live ?
Why the sudden vitriolic outbursts that completely undermine some written posts ? (as opposed to the lengthy cut and pasted extracts)
Just curious
Regards
FBW
:)

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
FBW if you go to the Home page and scroll about half way down you will find a link to the old forum .Have a look at all posts by J.Midgley this was Carefix's name on old forum and you can follow the posts from the start.

Knowledge is the key to control

ChocFish

You will find all the answers in John Midgley's/Carefix's posts if you read through them all carefully. (except where he lives)
And no I havent met him, not yet anyway, then I think none of use in this forum have ever met, except Aly and I, but then we live just 3 streets away from one another.

So I advise you go back to the drawing board and read all the posts to find your particular answers and get some very good. I personally would say essntial information that applies to everyone not just type 2 diabetics.

All the best

Karen

Challenges can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones, it depends how you view them

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Flybywyre, I think some of the answers you seek were lost when some of Carefix's earlier posts were lost from the system. I think I can answer some:
Is he a doctor - his doctorate is in engineering not medicine (coincidentally Dr Bernstein in the US had a PhD in engineering, became a campaigner for treating diabetes in a non-standard way, was ignored because he had no medical qualifications and therefore couldn't possibly know what he was talking about, went back to college and got his medical degree, and is now regarded as one of the world's leading endocrynologists - quite a parallel).

Does he have diabetes - yes.

Where does he live - Why is this relevant? Does where he lives make his views any more or less valid?

Why the vitriolic outbursts - he feels passionately about the topic. You may not necessarily agree with all he says, but he has certainly been a catalyst for discussion about the trans fats issue.

Flybywyre

<b>Dennis</b>
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><b><font color="blue">Where does he live - Why is this relevant? Does where he lives make his views any more or less valid?</font id="blue"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></b>
<font size="2">Yes it does...............</font id="size2">

<font size="2"><font face="Verdana"><b>ChocFish</b></font id="size2"></font id="Verdana">
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font color="blue"><b>You will find all the answers in John Midgley's/Carefix's posts if you read through them all carefully</font id="blue"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></b>
<font size="2">I would rather watch paint dry.........

Why not just answer the questions I asked?

Everyone seems very defensive towards JM. I would like to know more about him but that is proving difficult.
Perhaps JM would like to reply to this post himself with a little potted history of himself and where he lives etc?
Regards
FBW</font id="size2">

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
Sorry FBW but could you just explain what your last slave died of? We've pointed you in the direction that will answer your questions but if you can't be bothered to read the relevant material for yourself then I don't see why any of us should do it for you. That's not what this forum is about.

Flybywyre

Sorry Dennis…………..
I did not mean to go “over your head”
I was rather hoping that the level of intellect on this site would be somewhat higher than the one that you display.
Still hoping to get a response from JM.
Regards
FBW
:)

bluebird

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Grumpy folks and taking tablets
I think Dennis has answered your original questions. Perhaps you should e-mail John if you want to chat to him about his background as he might not be logging in to this site on a regular basis

Val

ChocFish

Steve just what I was thinking...what a charming person NOT

Challenges can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones, it depends how you view them

Flybywyre

<font color="navy">Challenging people can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones, it depends how you view them</font id="navy">

ChocFish

Hahahaha thanks for the laugh my dear, the day that I stumble in front of you is when I accidentally trip up over the carpet!

Look we do not want any kind of warfare in here, we are just a bunch of friendly, caring, ordinary non-prejudiced people from all walks of life hoping to help each other in here (how do you class intelligence???)

If you consider yourself to be so highly intelligent should you not go and read every sentence, comma and exclamation mark in Carefix's post and then a n a lyse and see what you deduce from his writings?
Then come back and ask for further information...or could it be that you would want to be on the receiving end of a few vitriolic outbursts from us?
I do not think that anyone would wish to oblige.

So lets start again, shall we?

WELCOME to the forum (and I mean that) and I am looking forward to your contributions, I am sure that you have lots to offer and also would take some good things away from this forum too.

All the best

Karen

Thirsty

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by steveD</i>
<br />Is it Thirsty?:D
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

No.

ChocFish

Awww Thirsty, good to see you back, glad you havent left, sorry I havent yet replied to your email, I promise I will soon.

Hope all is good with you.

Love from Karen

Karen

Flybywyre

First of all I do not consider myself to be highly intelligent, quite the opposite, just a normal person.
What I find <b>VERY</b> strange about this forum is why certain individuals are so protective about a poster that they clearly know very little about.
All I am asking is for some information about this person so that I can make a considered judgement as to the validity of his/her posts.
Send me a private email if it helps.
I have sent the person in question an email drawing his/her attention to this thread in the hope that they may take up my suggestion of a potted history of themselves.
After all you wouldn't want get in an aeroplane if you thought the pilot had learnt to fly through watching films on the TV would you?
Regards
FBW

ChocFish

Hi again, I hope that you get the answers you need.

I have been on the transfat free and superhealthy diet with flax seed oil and cinnamon for years way before Carefix or anyone else even recommended this kind of treatment. I was following this regime (incl a range of other so called complementary treatments)as treatment for the terrible complications I suffered from as a result of ingoring and rebelling against the diabetes diagnosis.

It worked for me, and it worked for my friend Aly, suffering from Diabetes and PCOS, she is now off all meds and diet controlled only.

Obviously people need to check with their doctor before taking oils, in particular people that take warfarin.

Carefix has shared his findings with us all and I appreciate it, his advice is free of charge, and its up to individuals to decide if they want to give the Cure a go, personally I dont need to know where he lives, oils, cinnamon, etc it all makes sense to me, so I dont care where he lives, so long as he is happy and well like I would like anyone else to be. I am far more worried about all those heavily advertised remedies that promise to cure diabetes, cost a fortune, makes someone else very rich and have absolutely no or very little effect at all. And I dont know where these people live either.
People recommend lavender aromatherapy oils to help me relax and sleep, I dont need to know where they live and all their backgrounds, this is all about natural treatments isnt it, and we have choices.

Incidentally I shared my experience of flax seed oil, etc in the hold forum well before Carefix/John Midgley came along, I learnt from his postings why the oils are so important, I never knew the reasons behind all this.

Governments are all of a sudden beginning to take note of the transfat issues too, its interesting to say the least.

All the best

Karen

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
Sorry FBW - I can't posibly take anything you say seriously because I don't know where you live.

ChocFish

LOL Dennis, can you please give me your home address and shoe size so that I know if I can trust your posts?