Pump Supplies Carry Case

phil55494

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Are there any recomendations out there for carry cases for pump users.
I've been using a desang cases for the last few years with my pens and have had great service from them. Now with the pump, most of the stuff I need to carry round is the same - meter, test strips, hypo treatment, diabetc ID, I'd like to carry round the various strips of tablets I take daily like I do now. Then there is the stuff that won't be there, two pens - replaced by a canula set or two (Inset II), a couple of reservoirs and a bottle of insulin.

ealingr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Day-to-day, I've been using a soft pencil case for years and it works well for me - different sections, a zipped compartment, and easy to pick one up from WH Smith. :)

H

Hooked

I use this:
isothermal-medical-bags-diabetic-kits-68336-6364441.jpg

It holds my log book, testing machine, finger pricker in one side. Spare insertion set, insulin vile, spare insulin cartridge reservoir, spare lancets, two mini packs of jelly babies, insulin pen and needles for it and alcohol wipes in the other. There would be room for a few strips of tablets as well if I needed them. I wear medical id rather than keeping it in a wallet etc. Hope that helps.

Reactions: 2 people

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
You've got the same colour as me Hooked, we must have good taste. :D.I love this bag,. Holds all my hypo stuff in the front pocket and pump stuff in the back.

phil55494

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for the input. Those 2 cases are the ones I've been looking at (maybe not in purple though ;)). I'm just trying to get my head round the sizes, compared to what I've got now.

Conrad, that picture shows a a lunchpack that won't close - best drink the beers first :)

H

Hooked

Mines fits easily inside either of my handbags with room for other stuff in the handbag too... Not sure if that is a help getting perspective on size or not!

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
image.jpg image.jpg . Maybe this helps with size, I use this bag as my everyday bag and it fits in on it's side leaving room for 2 blood kits. Hope this helps.

phil55494

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Must get back to this forum...

I went for one of those cases like Julie and Hooked in black and it fits almost everything I want in there. It'll do till I manage to break it in a year or few

Reactions: 4 people