Almond milk.

figgywiggy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am a newbie so am not giving advice. I am also a vegan and struggling with low carbs. Just switched from rice milk to almond. Huge difference. And a) I like it and b) it's not more soya. I am a bit beaned out. These forums are great.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

figgywiggy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am sorry for that post but I had so many disappointments testing and getting things wrong. The euphoria of getting it right went to my head.

Reactions: 3 people

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Why are you sorry?

Almond milk is great, the unsweetened version is almost zero carb, and is much healthier the estrogen filled soya milk.

Reactions: 4 people

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was having Almond Milk on my porridge for a while and it really doesn't do anything to your levels.

Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can you have it in coffee?

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Can you have it in coffee?

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.
I like it in tea but I'm sure you could have it in coffee too x. Nice in a homemade cup of cocoa too. Doesn't work well in scrambled egg though!

bonus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ive recently gone onto soya milk and found it helps stable my BG's alot. I have tasted the almond and cant really tell that much difference but it does taste a little creamier to me.

The UN-sweetend versions are best and yes i have them in tea and coffee.

K

Kat100

I love almond milk , the unsweetened one x
It makes a great cheese sauce I find as well ;)

Nice hot chocolate and other drinks are great with it to .....

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm gonna try it! Now I'm not having muesli these days, I really only need it for coffee. Nearly got some earlier - wish I had!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Please, does it taste like almonds? I hate almond paste and retch if I put a nut in my mouth. I'm not allergic as such, just got this thing with nuts.

figgywiggy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No
Please, does it taste like almonds? I hate almond paste and retch if I put a nut in my mouth. I'm not allergic as such, just got this thing with nuts.
it doesn't with coffee in it. I can't taste almond at all. You may be more sensitive. Just had my first test of 5.4. All thanks to the help I am getting from these forums. I am rapt. Thank you.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Figgy, and well done. With all the effort you are putting in you will soon be seeing a lot more of these good levels, but don't panic when you get a high one - trial and error!