Who is Carefix ?

Fugs

Must admit I can't see why Carefix's place of residence is relevant to his posts - unless he lives in a field of rapeseed of course.

Inside Leg - 29.5''
Cups of coffee consumed - 4
Watching on tv - Bargain Hunt
Visits to loo - Too many to count
Paid window cleaner -£14 cos I missed him last month.
Got milk in & put it in fridge.
Got a cold nose - must be healthy.
Wearing Winnie The Pooh slippers - feet like blocks of ice.

Out of my mind,
Back in 5 minutes

>^..^<

ChocFish

Quick send a photo LOL, no wait you have coffee and mik home? Be round in a jiffy....

Oh, you didnt write your adress down, hmmmmm using psychic powers to find you no worries

Challenges can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones, it depends how you view them

Still no response form the one you look upon as God.......

Now, where's that garden path?
I wonder if he is at the end of it by any chance [:0]

ChocFish

Oh please do go and have a look for me, looking forward to your report :)

Challenges can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones, it depends how you view them

Fugs

Hmmm either he's got lost or he's eating worms.
Using my newly acquired 3rd eye me thinks he's gone for the long thin skinny variety as opposed to the big fat furry ones

Out of my mind,
Back in 5 minutes

>^..^<

steveng

Question for Chocfish.

Karen,

In the thread above you mention about oils, complimentary stuff and super healthy diet.

I know this sounds lame but as a new person trying to figure all this out but could you possibly post details of what exactly you are taking and the diet you are following.

I just feel completely lost and just need someone to tell me where to start on the diet stuff etc. Fed up of differing opinions from the so called experts, would prefer some real world advice.

thanks in anticipation,

ohh... almost forgot

inside leg... short
hair ... going fast
lives.... in a house
family ... some
;)

Steve

Flybywyre

<b><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font color="navy">Fed up of differing opinions from the so called experts, would prefer some real world advice.</font id="navy">
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></b>
On here ? :D:D
Try writing a letter to "Letterbocks" at Viz.
You will undoubtedly get a more switched on reply.
Regards
FBW
<b><font color="blue">Stumbling blocks and stepping stones always trip up the easily led</font id="blue"></b>

ChocFish

Well then as I said you have choices and are free to do as you wish, go on stumbling and tripping, I could actually create a brand new Viz character based on you.

Happy tripping and stumbling, and lots of healing hugs to you I feel that you need them. May you find the strength one day to address your issues and turn into a loving, caring, nice person instead of being rude, obnoxious and ignorant.

All the best

Karen x x x

ChocFish

LOL Steven, I need to get the measuring tape out I think, not sure I should answer you because you havent sent me a potted history of yourself, I dont know who you are or where you live :)))

Ok, to begin with it is important that you test before and after you eat, this way you will find out how food affects you, for example some people eat porridge in the morning and their bg shoots right up, others can eat it by the bucket load and it keeps their bg nice and steady.
What you eat and what you can tolerate is different for everyone and individual choice really. Eg if you cannot stomach wholemeal bread you can make it lower GI by eating beans with it, do a search on GI index on google so that you get a good insight on this subject.

You devise your own diet, really, based on what you enjoy eating and modify it according to your bg readings, keep carbs fairly low and if possible have complex carbs.

My diet was practically forced upon me by the clinic overseas where I was treated for severe neuropathy. For me it was a drastic change I had to do it overnight, suddenly I was eating wholemeal spaghetti oh yuk I left most of them on my plate, whrn I got back home I still wasnt used to this type of food and went straight back to my old way of eating (junk, cakes and white pasta, etc) a week later I didnt feel so good any more, so I thought, right, I must change this and I cooked white and wholemeal pasta, next time still white but a bit more wholemeal, same with bread and other food, gradually and easy does it.
Then I started cooking more, I stopped eating things out of packets, tins, ready meals, anything with artificial ingredients, colouring, chemicals, additives whatever, cut out completely,

But that doesnt mean what I eat is boring or that I spend my time just cooking all the time, far from it I do have a weekly or even fortnightly cooking session and then freeze in portion sizes and I use all herbs and spices that make food really tasty and you know I found it also saves time I dont have to go shopping all the time either, just for some things that I need to buy fresh.
Speaking of fresh, I do use some milk, although many diabetics find that it raises bg, it is the lactose, so for porridge for example I use rice milk or soya, you dont notice the difference there, but for drinking, oh no, soya milk is lousy to drink on its own, rice milk is actually quite nice as a cold drink, but in tea or so I just have to have milk.

So I will give you an example of what I ate yesterday:

Morning: 1 tbsp of flax seed oil and 1 tbsp of hempseed oil with a small glass of pineapple smoothie, made with kefir (I make my own, do a google search on it, its recommended for diabetics, also look at Dipsy's posts in this forum about kefir), a slice of wholemeal bread,spread with butter and marmalade - I used to bake my own, but not so often anymore, at the moment I am addicted to Supernaturals 10 Seed Loaf - just try that toasted, just once, you will be converted) and a cup of green tea, I add a splash of milk and a teaspoon of cinnamon to it. The flaxseed oil works better if you take kefir or yogurt with it.

Mid-morning a few grapes and a few nuts - yesterday it was cashew nuts

Late lunch: home made soup, yesterday it was a thick, chunky vegetable soup and just before serving I chucked in loads of fresh parsley and chives, finely chopped I made a huge pot of soup and froze it in portions I had another slice of that lovely bread with that, this time with a scraping of butter and a thin slice of cheese and some home made onion relish on top (onion relish recipe from Anthony Worrall Thompson)

Around 5.30 or so: I thought I would be good and ate a small mango, but then I could not resist one of those butternut squash muffins with cream cheese topping that I baked with my granddaughter over the weekend (recipe from Jamie Oliver) cup of green tea with milk (yeah I know...)

Evening around 8pm: roast fish with parmesan crust (thats a Delia Smith recipe) with a mix of vegetables, last night it was mange tout/carrots/broccoli/courgette mix, sprinkled with salt, pepper and sesame seeds and a few drops of Maggi (honestly try this, it tastes as if you put gravy on it, everyone agrees with me there) and I had a couple of boiled potatoes with that (veg and spuds done in the micro, too lazy to steam them yesterday), I swirled the hot potatoes in a dab of butter with finely chopped fresh parsley (again saving time by buying herbs in big quantities chopping them immediately and freezing them, just scrape out from frozen the amount you need) and then I had a few spoons of yogurt, it was a Rachel's organic bio coconut yogurt and a teaspoon of pumpkin seed oil.

The only fats/oils I use are all cold pressed, olive oil, butter, mostly goats butter, if I sm roasting something its goose fat.

I dont use hempseed, flax seed and pumkin seed oil for cooking, I still class them as medicine, so they dont have to taste nice, medicine rarely does...even after all those years I dont like the taste of them.
I never eat meat so instead of fish I might have a omelette or a frittata or whatever, if you want more meal suggestions let me know. And I drink lots of plain chilled water as well throughout the day.

As for complementary stuff and other things that keep me healthy, again it is what you believe in and what makes me feel good.

I do my relaxation/meditation every day, just for half an hour and use aromatherapy oils or candles depending on which mood I am in, sometimes I have reflexology done, I walk or cycle, swim, do pilates or go to the gym first thing in the morning or after work ab out 4 times a week, I share my thoughts, good and not so good with friends, husband and family, I have hobbies and interests eg I do go to the pub now and then, but dont drink too much, I go to gigs even if I am old enough to be everyone's granny there, I knit a lacy jumper at the moment as I have taken part in an auction of promises, so thts fun, I have hobbies and interests and do things that I enjoy and when a problem does come along I dont lose it or well, I lose it for a few hours and then sit down and eat some chocolate truffles while taking stock of the situation and work out how to deal with this carbuncle in my life.
I compare life with nature a lot I have my favourite tree for example in Dalby Forest in Yorkshire LOL this tree gives me strength just looking at it it has been so so damaged over the years, branches cut off and all its not a picture book tree, but it is amazind damaged here and damaged there but you know what, it still finds ways of branching out and growing healthy shoots in different directions, it doesnt give up, Or another thing that I find sort of inspiring on pavements or concrete psths there you see in a tiny crack a lovely looking weed or flower growing out nice and strong is that somehow not courage and determination? ROTFLMAO by now you are probably wondering where the pink van with the yellow dots and square wheels is to take me away hahaha hehehehehe hohohoho!Anyway I love people all shapes and sizes, animals and plants and flowers.

So really, I am lucky, because I am happy and am having fun most of the time, of course I am sad at times too and can cry just like anyone else but on the whole I look on life with humour, I like people and find them interesting and all things I do make me feel good and healthy but it wasnt always like that at all the opposite in fact.

Sorry this is ever so long, but I wanted to be specific there, you see its not just about eating, its the whole lifestyle that needs looking at, a kind of really holistic approach, its not just about disease and food or diabetes alone.
So this is what works for me, you need to find your own path, discover what works for you and your family, etc - this all works for me, at least for now, maybe one day the bubble will burst, I will have high bg again, I will have to return to taking prescribed meds once more, if need be I will of course, so lets see what happens, there is no guarantee anywhere.

Phew I am exhausted now.

So keep on testing and if differing advice puzzles you, take up the best bits that you think appeal to you, discard the rest and you have your own programme there and it will work for you.

All the best

Karen

LOL I dread to think what responses this epistle will bring along oh dear sorry people told you I am a nutter...

Thirsty

*Sigh*

I've taken a good deal of flak here for daring to question the validity of Carefix's claims. Just for the record, I'd like to make it clear that I've no particular axe to grind over the transfats issue; I'm not a medic, nor am I involved in the food or pharmaceutical industries.

Want to try the 'Cure'? I'm not going to stop you trying it; that's your own decision to make. Hell, you can try anything that takes your fancy; crystal therapy, homeopathy, acupuncture, ear-candling, scientology, the list of unproven therapies is endless. All will, however, cost you money, sometimes a significantly damaging amount. Think any of them will cure your diabetes? I really, really doubt it.

Judging by my own experience, I can't say that I'm inclined to spend my cash on any of these therapies. One 80mg gliclazide tablet and adopting a sensible diet, (as recommended by NHS employees), has been sufficient to return me to a reasonable state of health, after having been very ill. None of this has cost me so much as a penny.

No doubt I'll have upset people again with this post, but consider this; the alternative /complimentary medicine business is huge, and I'd say it's every bit as profiteering as the industries which Carefix appears to hate so much. (I note that he's changed his tune a little when it comes to the cause of type2.)

Finally, I'm no ogre; I really do wish all of you the very best of luck in dealing with your illness. If I didn't care, I wouldn't spend my time writing posts like this.

Nick.

ChocFish

Oh Thirsty, what a nice post, thank you.

You are absolutely right there, it is up to the individual to make their decisions, there is flexibility, good to hear that you are happy with your lot, what you are doing obviously works for you and there is nothing wrong with that at all.

All the best

Karen x

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Good that you're back, Nick. I'm one of the lucky ones ,so far,I can keep my sugars down with diet.Don't know how long it will last but I am trying cinnamon,vit.B and Flaxseed oil.Now they may be helping or it just could be the weight lose that is doing it but either way I'm happy,for the moment.Diabetes is one of these diseases where people can take control and turn it round if they are lucky,we are the target of many false claims and marvellous "cures" as are many other high profile diseases such as arthritis,cancers etc.We should all be sceptical about such claims and the membership here is very quick to jump on those who do pedal false claims quite rightly!
Having said that Karen and several others have gone down the CIS oils road with obvious good results so there must be something there that helps.Carefix is obviously very passionate about it in his own unique way but obviously his style of delivery puts some off.I would say this,read the FACTS in his posts,read the responses from others who have tried the oils and avoided trans-fats.Something in there helps! Don't chuck the baby out with the bath water!

Knowledge is the key to control

steveng

Thanks Karen,

thats has been a great help.

As you say it is a lifestyle thing, been for another gp appointment this week and they have now put me on Blood Pressure tablets. I am sure this is more related to the stress caused by my Job.

Maybe what i really need is to sit down and take stock of everything and decide what is really important in life.

Could be a midlife crisis a few years early, but then again, maybe thats what i need.

thanks again

Steve

ChocFish

Reply to you was a bit heavy, as I said it works works for me, taking stock of your life is a good idea, I think we all need to do that from time to time, but do discuss with your nearest and dearest, you will grow closer as a result.

Re midlife crisis, mine started the day I turned 30 :) and still not recovered...

All the best

Karen

truthquest

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rogervansteeden</i>
<br />Chocfish do you think there will ever be a cure for type 2 diabetes
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

It is not as elusive as many people think it is. It is already in the realm of possibility. It has already happened and is happening all the time. Symptoms are only messengers. They do not lie. They do not mislead. Take for an example, your car's tire going flat. That is a symptom. Now, is it fixable? Ask any mechanic and they will tell you, yes it is. Would it be appropriate to use the label "incurable", err, I mean "unfixable"? A mechanic knows that there is no such thing as unfixable. There are always ways to resolve any symptom back to its cause. Challenge me with your questions.

truthquest

ChocFish

Roger, I cannot say if there will be a cure, but I remain optimistic that it will happen one day, in the meantime we can already do so much to help ourselves to stay fit and healthy.

All the best

Karen

carefix

Dear Flybywyre,

I've met him and do so every time I look in a mirror. I was very ill with type 2 and CV disease a few years ago so I decided to investigate the condition to see what I could perhaps do.

What I discovered is in part the first post on "The Cure..." thread. I did not originate the EFA diet.

My original intention was to see what I could do to make me better. When I found out most of what was going on I decided to let everybody else who suffers from this monstrous man made disease know what was going on and give them a chance to try "The Cure". Karen it seems got there before me. Many people have done very well with "The Cure". I am now trying to find out what is going on with the blood glucose regulaton mechanism (as distinct from the so called "insulin resistance") which seems to persist in some people. I may be getting some help from a real physician.

I do get very angry from time to time with what has been done to me and other people by the diabetes industry. I didn't realise my vitriol undermined some written posts. I thought it helped. Thanks for that information.

I live in the "lowermost regions of the spiritual abstraction layer". Sorry but this kind of talk seems to have become fashionable on this site. It distracts from what could be useful but who am I to complain.

I am a doctor of physics with four degrees. When I started commenting on this site I was seriously ill. I am only alive because I tried the "Cure".

I am not a physician.

My biggest moan is that I want to run "The Cure" as a near scientific trial and generate data. Other people want to try it (or more likely a corrupted versions of it) and see if it (or whatever else they are doing) works for them.

The point about generating data is it would have given us massive clues with which to cross reference and filter the scientific literature and take it forward as best we can. From my initial posts
you will realise that the doctors are unlikely to help you with your condition.

Have you read it and do you understand it?

My second biggest moan is this site is not set up to trial the diet effectively and organise results properly. For this reason I may be moving on.

I don't make any money out of any of my posts, directly or indirectly but I have received interesting offers to get involved with scam medication. I have declined to become involved so far. The Cure cannot make any money for anybody directly as it is just common sense hand in hand with the scientific literature. It can only lose money for the doctors and the pharmo-drug pushers.

Hope this helps.

John

bluebird

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Grumpy folks and taking tablets
Hi John

Please don't move on. Surely something can be set up for us to run a trial. Problem is who do we talk to.

Regards Val

ChocFish

John don't you dare run away from here!!! :)))

If you disappear and go into hiding we will have to send the dogs out for you to track you down and bring you back.

All the best

Karen