Feeling sad lost and confused

Diabeticpro

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am from Algeria .My doctor never told me about matching carbohydrates on insulin injections ... I just controll my glycemia by doing a strict diet taking everyday after lunch novaformine and injecting insulin avoiding hypo ( yes it's happened sometimes after having lunch ) , that's all , i besides of that practice sport when i have some free times
Generally that's all i don't eat potatoes , pastery just some vegetables like zucchini , haricot and fruits like strawberry , cherry and rarely orange i eat a lot of proteins maybe meat everyday , i don't eat bread sometimes i skip meals ( i am not someone who eat a lot in general )
I am going to visit next week i will ask him about carbs couting and matching with insulin :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

Saber

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cucumber
Thank's ... Being a diabetic person is not a problem i am really complexed about my weight and other persons judge me hardly without knowing my problems that's really make me hate myself my body ... And i get nervous stressed against people i love most ( like my parents ) so i bake my pain up and say hurting words after taking conscious i discover that's am acting selfishly like a monster. Such persons suffers enough of saying me like that they don't deserve this and that's make me hate myself more and more ...

Hi there,I found being diabetic hard at first. My friends at college did not have any restrictions on eating and they seemed more healthy than me and did not get so tired. I started on diet but found I was starving myself to keep the sugar levels down. I never thought at the time to discuss it with the hospital. I was just in my early twenties and that was boring for me at the time. I too went on insulin shortly after as tablets did not do anything.(Only tried them a couple of weeks)
As I got more used to having diabetes(type1) and being on insulin, I found I told friends who I could trust. I was selective and did not tell everyone. I think we are all different to how we respond to making this decision. Do what you feel best about it. Do you have some friends you are closer to that you could trust?
Sometimes it is a good idea because if you are on insulin and you forget to eat or if you do lots of exercise, your sugar level might go too low and you could have a 'hypo'. (That is an attack when the blood sugar goes too low which you will probably know about.)They can help you to have some sugar if you need it. When people act quick it stops you getting too bad and having to go to hospital.
Your parents will have to adjust too to you having diabetes but they will still love you lots. I am sure they understand you do not mean to get a bad mood sometimes. Being in a mood can sometimes be due to your diabetes sugar level changing a lot in short spaces of time. It is not your fault.

Reactions: 3 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am from Algeria .My doctor never told me about matching carbohydrates on insulin injections ... I just controll my glycemia by doing a strict diet taking everyday after lunch novaformine and injecting insulin avoiding hypo ( yes it's happened sometimes after having lunch ) , that's all , i besides of that practice sport when i have some free times
Generally that's all i don't eat potatoes , pastery just some vegetables like zucchini , haricot and fruits like strawberry , cherry and rarely orange i eat a lot of proteins maybe meat everyday , i don't eat bread sometimes i skip meals ( i am not someone who eat a lot in general )
I am going to visit next week i will ask him about carbs couting and matching with insulin :)

OK, Algeria.. :cool: Now we know, we can go easy on the crazy English language over here and help you.. Lol. Your English is good..
There are a lot of people your age who understand... Many older people too! Lol.

Diabeticpro

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there,I found being diabetic hard at first. My friends at college did not have any restrictions on eating and they seemed more healthy than me and did not get so tired. I started on diet but found I was starving myself to keep the sugar levels down. I never thought at the time to discuss it with the hospital. I was just in my early twenties and that was boring for me at the time. I too went on insulin shortly after as tablets did not do anything.(Only tried them a couple of weeks)
As I got more used to having diabetes(type1) and being on insulin, I found I told friends who I could trust. I was selective and did not tell everyone. I think we are all different to how we respond to making this decision. Do what you feel best about it. Do you have some friends you are closer to that you could trust?
Sometimes it is a good idea because if you are on insulin and you forget to eat or if you do lots of exercise, your sugar level might go too low and you could have a 'hypo'. (That is an attack when the blood sugar goes too low which you will probably know about.)They can help you to have some sugar if you need it. When people act quick it stops you getting too bad and having to go to hospital.
Your parents will have to adjust too to you having diabetes but they will still love you lots. I am sure they understand you do not mean to get a bad mood sometimes. Being in a mood can sometimes be due to your diabetes sugar level changing a lot in short spaces of time. It is not your fault.
I do have closer friends i would like to tell them and i will :)
There is a lot of informations that's gonna help me
Thank's :D

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Ahhh, Algeria,

Yes I am aware attitudes towards diabetes might be different where you are - possibly because the general understanding and knowledge around diabetes is not very good. You may be interested to follow and get involved with #ngdoc - Nigeria diabetes online community http://ngdocblog.com/?tag=ngdoc
Take a look at the blog posts and follow and get involved with the tweet chats if you are able.
The #gbdoc (the Great Britain diabetes online community) was set up a few years ago, and realised that through volunteers they could help others could set up their own local language support networks to help one another. You certainly might find it of interest. Perhaps in the future, you can help others by doing the same and help set up the Algeria diabetes online community?

Great idea to speak to your doctor about matching your insulin requirements to your carbohydrates. That way you will be less likely to over-inject and have your blood sugar levels drop too low.

It might sound a silly question, but I don't want to assume this - do you have a means of checking your blood glucose levels, and if so how frequently are you testing and what sort of results are you getting?

Fantastic you're into sport! Just be aware that exercise can affect your blood glucose levels too - try taking a look at http://www.teambloodglucose.com/TeamBG/Type_1_Basics.html

Awesome that you've found this forum - your English is very good, and you are obviously very bright . Hopefully over the next few weeks you will be able to learn much more about diabetes to help you live well and stay safe.:)

Diabeticpro

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ahhh, Algeria,

Yes I am aware attitudes towards diabetes might be different where you are - possibly because the general understanding and knowledge around diabetes is not very good. You may be interested to follow and get involved with #ngdoc - Nigeria diabetes online community http://ngdocblog.com/?tag=ngdoc
Take a look at the blog posts and follow and get involved with the tweet chats if you are able.
The #gbdoc (the Great Britain diabetes online community) was set up a few years ago, and realised that through volunteers they could help others could set up their own local language support networks to help one another. You certainly might find it of interest. Perhaps in the future, you can help others by doing the same and help set up the Algeria diabetes online community?

Great idea to speak to your doctor about matching your insulin requirements to your carbohydrates. That way you will be less likely to over-inject and have your blood sugar levels drop too low.

It might sound a silly question, but I don't want to assume this - do you have a means of checking your blood glucose levels, and if so how frequently are you testing and what sort of results are you getting?

Fantastic you're into sport! Just be aware that exercise can affect your blood glucose levels too - try taking a look at http://www.teambloodglucose.com/TeamBG/Type_1_Basics.html

Awesome that you've found this forum - your English is very good, and you are obviously very bright . Hopefully over the next few weeks you will be able to learn much more about diabetes to help you live well and stay safe.:)
Yes i have a glucometre :D
I generally controll my glycemia 3 times daily ... One in the morning
Generally i found it between "200-280"
Then another one before lunch generally i found it betwee [120-150]
And i do a glycemia before my gouty at generally 17h30 i find it between [60-100] , actually the problem is my morning glycemia (too high)
Maybe i have to change the lantus insulin :)

Diabeticpro

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah sure this forum help me a lot it's the first time that i joined one and i'm not disappointed at all ^_^
Speaking to other person about my problems made me feel better :)

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last edited by a moderator:

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm not sure if

You are Type 1 diabetic or a young Type 2?
What age you are now?
Do you test several times a day with a blood sugar meter?

Your weight problem is not likely to be from having the wrong kind of insulin, and changing insulin is unlikely to help. You need to take less insulin and eat less food. Taking more insulin than you need makes you eat more than you need. Gradually reduce your insulin dose, and reduce the amount of food you eat, in particular reduce carbohydrates. Check your meter frequently to make sure your blood sugar stays good. Your HbA1c is pretty good, but you are taking too much insulin and eating too much food because of the extra insulin.

Never stop taking insulin entirely if you are Type 1 diabetic. Reduce it gradually to a level that provides good blood sugar with no hunger and no weight gain.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Hey there!
First of all big hug!
You should let your friends know in case you hypo. And your school. For the same reasons. I know it's tough but you would be surprised how many people are diabetic. My students know (I'm t2) and they asked me why I was eating a handful of nuts in class one day so I told them. Now I get diabetic kids coming up to chat to me about their diabetes. People are generally very kind! Anybody who isn't is an idiot anyway! Take carex

Reactions: 4 people

Diabeticpro

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not sure if

You are Type 1 diabetic or a young Type 2?
What age you are now?
Do you test several times a day with a blood sugar meter?

Your weight problem is not likely to be from having the wrong kind of insulin, and changing insulin is unlikely to help. You need to take less insulin and eat less food. Taking more insulin than you need makes you eat more than you need. Gradually reduce your insulin dose, and reduce the amount of food you eat, in particular reduce carbohydrates. Check your meter frequently to make sure your blood sugar stays good. Your HbA1c is pretty good, but you are taking too much insulin and eating too much food because of the extra insulin.

Never stop taking insulin entirely if you are Type 1 diabetic. Reduce it gradually to a level that provides good blood sugar with no hunger and no weight gain.
I am actually 16 years old i was dignosis diabetic at the age of 12

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Diabeticpro, how are you going with your high morning level?
have you been able to work with a medical person who can help check your basal adjustment?
http://integrateddiabetes.com/Articles/insu/basal%20insulin%20for%20friends%20with%20diabetes.pdf

there are free online course that could help you
http://www.bdec-e-learning.com/
and there are more
https://www.google.com.au/#q=diabetes+free+online+course

another workbook to adjust basal and bolus
http://www.diabetesinscotland.org.uk/Publications/9226%20Carbohydrate%20Counting%20the%20Next%20Steps.pdf