Favourite injection site

mooshk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fataphobia, Ableism, Sexism, Racism, Patriarchy. Most right wing fools.
Slightly strange topic perhaps (this seems to be my thing every time I post a new thread on here) but I was wondering if everyone had a site they like injecting in most? Obviously we have to rotate the sites, and in no way is injecting fun, but my nicest place is usually the centre of my tummy :)

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Stomach works OK for me, I also use buttocks quite a lot. I'm not sure I have a favourite place but I do love it when you get the occasional totally pain free one ! Don't even feel the needle going in ! Not that they usually hurt but generally I feel something so the rare times I do get the "perfect" injection, so satisfying lol :)

Reactions: 2 people

PaulinaB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I prefer my stomach, but it seems my body prefers my legs :D
I love the occasional pain-free ones :)

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When I was first diagnosed it was always my legs which I tended to use.
Now it is more commonly my stomach that I use as it often seems easier, especially if I am out and about or at work.
I inject my Lantus in to my buttock.

baz2107

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hate injecting into my stomach, regularly get bruises, because I don't carry much fat at all there was meant to do all 3 bolus there but don't anymore after consulting Diabetes nurse

Tend to do evening in stomach as this is when I have most bolus, morning right thigh, lunch left thigh and lantus-buttocks (by far most comfortable)

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I do my daily 3 or 4 injections in the stomach which is where my DN advised. I have never had any problems except for the occasional pain when I hit a nerve or capillary and have never felt the need to move to the leg etc. I use a 4mm needle.

mattmo86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Stomach for novo rapid, was using same site for years, and have only just moved to top of stomach

And thighs for lantus, remember doing lantus in stomach once, never again

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
It was always my arms, decided to give my stomach another go so mainly inject QA there, basal goes in my bum and legs.

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It depends where I am really :)

If home or alone, I rotate and it's much of a sameness where as far as effectivness goes.

If out, any socially acceptable bit of flesh I can bare and reach without dropping my jeans :D

Signy

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My legs. I can't do my stomach as it immediately gets a huge lump when I pull the needle out and then bruises pretty badly for about 2 weeks :( bit of a pain to use my legs when in work but can't be helped. Also rapidly running out of space on my legs as they're so bruised now

Kelsie

I do bum, stomach and back of arms. Unfortunately all of mine hurt though as I have v minimal body fat, i never have a pain free injection despite having a 4mm needle :( thigh is a definite no no for me, think I cried when I tried it! Ha ha