Hypo symptoms

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I always get the same hypo symptoms and generally at around the same number. Tonight I started feeling sick and my mouth went numb. Took my sugars and they were 4.2 which surprised me a lot. Faffed about for about 10 minutes and then felt dizzy and my face felt heavy so tested again and 3.6. Just had glucojuice as can't face eating anything due to feeling sick.

These aren't my usual hypo symptoms. Was just wondering if anyone else sometimes had a hypo with symptoms completely different to the usual?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes it can sometimes be one thing, sometimes another. Sometimes sudden extreme tiredness. Sometimes snappiness. Sometimes the shakes, or confusion. Sometimes headache. I have had to learn to treat any of these things as a possible hypo warning. :-(

Reactions: 2 people

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes it can sometimes be one thing, sometimes another. Sometimes sudden extreme tiredness. Sometimes snappiness. Sometimes the shakes, or confusion. Sometimes headache. I have had to learn to treat any of these things as a possible hypo warning. :-(
I typically get shortness of breath followed by shaky legs and then extreme tiredness. Guess I now have more signs to look out for. Lucky I tested really because I wouldn't usually for these symptoms.

Just ate a ridiculous amount of **** now though when I've been doing so well not over treating lately :(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I always get the same hypo symptoms and generally at around the same number. Tonight I started feeling sick and my mouth went numb. Took my sugars and they were 4.2 which surprised me a lot. Faffed about for about 10 minutes and then felt dizzy and my face felt heavy so tested again and 3.6. Just had glucojuice as can't face eating anything due to feeling sick.

These aren't my usual hypo symptoms. Was just wondering if anyone else sometimes had a hypo with symptoms completely different to the usual?

I wonder if your bg was falling fast and that is why you were experiencing these symptoms at 4.2mmol, as Spiker says hypo symptoms can vary but it doesn't matter as long as you can recognise that you are going low.