Newbe wanting help/advise on doing a sports charity event

seany55

Dislikes
snobs
Hello

My name is Sean, and is in my first year of diabetes March 08 - first I was on insulin and now trying metformin, Recently we’ve just lost my Grandmother “last of 9 brothers/sisters” to diabetic related problems.

I am a Coach from the Peterborough Saxons American football club here in the UK, I have played for 22 years in Europe/USA and UK at all levels including semi pro, and the last 4 seasons as a qualified coach.

I am looking to hold an All-star Charity game in the East Anglia area combining 6 teams in this region for the Diabetes Cause, I will be approaching teams in Europe to come over and play at the end of our season around October 2009.

American Football has been in the UK and Europe since the early Eighties and has grown with hundreds of teams in many divisions; this sport is also played on the international stage including myself representing my country home and away from countries competing from Australia/Japan to Russia/Iceland and so on.

The sport is a tough game to play and at times to understand, but watching a live game is very exciting fun to all ages and it will teach you to understand the goal of the sport, we are finding more and more youth teams in the UK are coming into the fold which is shows that the future of this sport is worldwide like other sports - and the youth are taking it more serious.

So there’s my brief insight about this sport and my passion, by doing this for a charity sports day event “hopefully every year with another team in Europe” will help the Diabetes cause and promotes sport and fitness which by having this life changing condition plays an important warning to us all and especially the younger generation to lead a healthier life style.

Am hoping to gain advises and any help to achieve this event, with promotion/sponsorship.

Thank you

Coach Gray
Defence coordinator
Peterborough Saxons “seniors”
American football club

seany55

Dislikes
snobs
I cant believe that no one has replied to my help for advise on some thing that we all share in..... mybe i need to address this on another thread.

hermit104

Hi Sean.

We all share living with diabetes but promoting and obtaining sponsorship for a big event is something I know absolutely nothing about and suspect that most others reading your post will be the same, so don't take the lack of response personally.

Perhaps posting on a non-diabetes website forum dealing with fundraising might be more productive?

Rona

seany55

Dislikes
snobs
thank you Rona for your reply, i feel that every one who has this life changing disease should take note of what my thread is about, and support it even if your not into sports or any thing like that, because the more we bang the big drum of sports and fittness to the public the less chance that our younger generation will end up with type 2 etc, Helping the world to understand that through sports and fittness helps in other areas of life style.... how many kids including older teens stay in playing on their play stations games and not keeping active, eating the junk food that so easy to eat and buy !!............ too many.

My self and others go around schools promoting American football and in general sports for many reasons like the sport it self the team work and many things but its all apart of a healthier life stlye.

So for many people reading these posts should not think or say " but promoting and obtaining sponsorship for a big event is something I know absolutely nothing about and suspect that most others reading your post will be the same " is rubbish we all should take interest or try to take interest, all am asking is help support the cause.

I am a very passionate person and strong willed i have lost many family members to this disease so if people may think am laying this on thick.....at least am standing and shouting and not sitting down.

United we stand
divided we fall