Diabetes Week

faygawith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am a Human nutrition graduate and I also have type 1 diabetes. My friend works in the pharmacy at our local Tesco. They are participating in Diabetes week from the 8th-14th of June.
I have been asked to participate in some activities during this week and I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas of what could be done to raise awareness of diabetes to the general public. I have some ideas but would love to hear any from other people. It could be demonstrations, activities or any thing that could raise awareness in some way.

Thankyou :)

Fay

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Can't think of anything at the moment but well done for taking part Fay :)

dundee62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorant and rude people
is there any thing hapenning in dundee for national diabetes week i have recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes is there any one else in dundee

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I am a Human nutrition graduate and I also have type 1 diabetes. My friend works in the pharmacy at our local Tesco. They are participating in Diabetes week from the 8th-14th of June.
I have been asked to participate in some activities during this week and I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas of what could be done to raise awareness of diabetes to the general public. I have some ideas but would love to hear any from other people. It could be demonstrations, activities or any thing that could raise awareness in some way.

Thankyou :)

Fay
What about contacting local schools and doing an assembly?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
'Is there anyone else in Dundee?'
Sorry I couldn't resist that! Lol!
My son and his partner also work for Tesco and have been heavily involved in the Diabetes fundraiser.
Maybe, do something along the lines of a World Cup promotion, how many goals will England score and pass out the leaflets to those interested.
Well done Faye!

dundee62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorant and rude people
'Is there anyone else in Dundee?'
Sorry I couldn't resist that! Lol!
My son and his partner also work for Tesco and have been heavily involved in the Diabetes fundraiser.
Maybe, do something along the lines of a World Cup promotion, how many goals will England score and pass out the leaflets to those interested.
Well done Faye!

are you from dundee nosher

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
No, quite a wee bit away, not even in Scotland. Sorry I couldn't help myself!

candy12

Weight watchers are making and selling propointed cakes at their meetings this week lets hope it is a success every little helps!

Peachypuff72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being woken up early :(
I am newly diagnosed and have set up an Instagram account of my progress and my day to day life to help me deal with my depression. Of you to follow its: nadines_life_with_diabetes

Happy diabetes week everyone :) xx

munday1932

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
cold weather.People who criticize my town but don't help to make it better.Please can I go back to me user name which is Kentish maid
Diabetic meeting Dover town hall 18th June at 6-30 pm to tell us at changes to our future care
This will be mainly at our surgerys.

Peachypuff72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being woken up early :(
Are there any groups around London w2 area? I would love to meet other that are like me :-D thank you In advance!

dundee62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorant and rude people
is there any thing happening in Dundee for national diabetes week and is there any groups