**** diabetes

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Off to Italy for me this week, looking warm all week there at 25-30C, so a basal reduction will be in order I think.

Hoep everyone recovred OK ready for this week?
Hopefully pleasure not business? Enjoy!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nope, business, but I shall manage to get some running in the mountains. HEading up near the Austrian border area
Have a lovely time. Hopefully not too much work! Enjoy your running!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nope, business, but I shall manage to get some running in the mountains. HEading up near the Austrian border area

Now that is nice.. :cool: I've driven through there a few years back on my way to lake Garda..

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Been on a 13 hours shift and my body has insisted on trying to see how many hypos it can fit in in 1 day!

Woke up with a reading of 14 after my hypo right before bed last night so wasn't expecting it.

Feeling absolutely exhausted from bouncing from low to high all day :(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

How are the sugar levels?

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How are the sugar levels?

Thankfully they appear to have settled, all fives and sixes today! Still feeling a bit rubbish with a sore throat and cough but it's getting better.

Hope my levels stay settled as my partner is going away tomorrow until Monday and I'm really nervous of being on my iwn in the night in case I hypo :(

How are yours doing? Adjusted to the warmer weather now I hope :)

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Perhaps but an alarm on to wake you part way through the night to test if you're worried. I'm lucky that I've always woken up when low.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Kept going lower than I would like yesterday (lower but not hypo) & needed to keep snacking. Silly weather!

How and why does the weather effect it? Heard someone else say same rhing. As I was diagnosed at end of Jan it would be helpful to know. Went hypo twice last week on same day then kept going hyper. Doc thought pee infection but came back normal.

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The increase in temperature seems to decrease my need for as much basal insulin. I'm not sure why to be honest and I'm not sure if this was the case before my pump and doing LCHF because my sugar levels were all over the place so I wouldn't have noticed if there was a problem!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How and why does the weather effect it? Heard someone else say same rhing. As I was diagnosed at end of Jan it would be helpful to know. Went hypo twice last week on same day then kept going hyper. Doc thought pee infection but came back normal.

Blood glucose can go screwy in heat.

I always feel cr*ppier in hot weather (until I adjust, which takes days longer than people around me)

And the type 1 son of a friend was told to avoid HOT showers and baths and saunas, etc.

Oh, and a type 1 at work say as he feels the heat terribly too.

That is the limit of my knowledge, I'm afraid. No idea of the science behind it,

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Will keep an eye on my bs next yr in SA l wonder if it counts that l was born in a hot country and my body never adjusted to the cold of uk. l find the majority of cold country people may like warm but overall don't cope in hot places,

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Will keep an eye on my bs next yr in SA l wonder if it counts that l was born in a hot country and my body never adjusted to the cold of uk. l find the majority of cold country people may like warm but overall don't cope in hot places,
Certainly true of me. I like the snow!

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Perhaps but an alarm on to wake you part way through the night to test if you're worried. I'm lucky that I've always woken up when low.

Yeah think I will set an alarm just in case. I've never even gone low in the night, I've just heard so many scary stories that it terrifies me. I usually go to bed way before my partner so sometimes I get him to wake me to test when he comes up. I'm just ridiculously anxious really.

Good start today as levels were 6 on waking :) did have biscuits for breakfast though as it's my birthday so I'm relaxing my food rules a bit.

Reactions: 2 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah think I will set an alarm just in case. I've never even gone low in the night, I've just heard so many scary stories that it terrifies me. I usually go to bed way before my partner so sometimes I get him to wake me to test when he comes up. I'm just ridiculously anxious really.

Good start today as levels were 6 on waking :) did have biscuits for breakfast though as it's my birthday so I'm relaxing my food rules a bit.

Happy Birthday Rosie :)

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Happy birthday! Hope it's a good one! Big hugs xxx